Windows 10: Remote desktop frequently crashing under windows 10

Discus and support Remote desktop frequently crashing under windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using remote desktop for years to access my office computer. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Now remote desktop is frequently crashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trey Thrasher, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Remote desktop frequently crashing under windows 10

I have been using remote desktop for years to access my office computer. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Now remote desktop is frequently crashing and kicking me out of the session. I am always able to login sometimes it crashes quickly, sometimes I can work for a while before it crashes. I have turned-off printer and sound redirections but the problem continues. I checked the event logs and found the following two warnings repeatedly under Remote Desktop Services:

RDP_SEC: An error was encountered when transitioning from FStatePassthrough in response to FEventCheckAndCompleteReadsFailed (error code 0x8007139F).

The network characteristics detection function has been disabled because of Reason Code: 2(Server Configuration)..

Both the server computer and client computer are running Windows 10. I have changed remote desktop to a custom port (not its usual 3389).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Trey Thrasher, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Can someone please tell me how to find Remote Desktop in windows 10 ?

I did find the remote desktop connection in the app store , but when I try to open it crashes immediately

Ahollister-Texas, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Window 10 1703 makes network unusable

After Microsoft's automatic update to 1703 our systems with Wi-Fi network connections are unusable.

Network is unreliable, Remote Desktop connections fail or Remote Desktop app crashes frequently.

If you are also having problems after updating to 1703, please post comments here so Microsoft will fix the problem.

Maybe even before pushing out future updates.

Larry Kimminau, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Remote desktop frequently crashing under windows 10

1. Remote desktop frequently crashing under windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote desktop frequently

2. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  3. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  4. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Crashes Frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes Frequently: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 7390 running Windows 10 Home frequently crashes. Sometimes I've gotten the blue screen of death with error messages like "critical error" or "memory management" or it just simply freezes and I have to force a shut down. I've tried many of the routine...
  6. Windows 10 crashes frequently

Windows 10 crashes frequently: I got a Dell laptop and Windows 10 crashes frequently. After lots of troubleshooting, Dell has recommended that I reinstall Windows.Is it possible for Microsoft to diagnose these crashes?Does Microsoft offer any support? I contacted support and they pointed me to some...
  7. Remote desktop connection crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop connection crashing: I'm working from home these days using remote desktop connection. Both computers are on windows 10 Pro. The connection works perfectly when working. However, sometimes when I minimize the remote desktop connection to work on my personal computer, the remote desktop connection...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection crashing: I have a specific computer (my desktop) I want to connect to. I can connect to other computers fine with my laptop. When I connect to my desktop, it connects - the crashed. I can connect to my desktop from other computers fine (same network/VPN). I an connecting using a...
  9. Remote Desktop to/from Windows 10 Pro - frequently disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop to/from Windows 10 Pro - frequently disconnects: Recently I have been getting issues connecting to my desktop via RDP, on the same network. These are the errors received. 'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in CUMRDPConnection::CreateVirtualChannel at 2498 err=[0xd0000001] 'Failed...
  10. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Windows 10 crashing frequently: Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp_sec: an error was encountered when transitioning from fstatepassthrough in response to feventcheckandcompletereadsfailed (error code 0x8007139f).

2. RDP 0x8007139f

3. Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack in CUMRDPConnection::CreateVirtualChannel at 2622 err=[0xd0000001]

4. failed createvirtualchannel call on this connections stack server 2019,
  5. the network characteristics detection function has been disabled because of reason code: 2(server configuration)..,
  6. windows rdp frequently not responding,
  7. server 2019 Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack in CUMRDPConnection,
  8. RDP error code 0x8007139F,
  9. RDP_SEC: An error was encountered when transitioning from FStateProcessingData in response to FEventPostReceiveFailed (error code 0x80072746).