Windows 10: Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?

Discus and support Remote desktop not working in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Odd. I use No-ip, and have a registered host name that I have used in the past to connect to my Windows 8.1 system Since a clean install of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gizbug, Aug 2, 2015.

1. gizbug Win User

Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?

Odd. I use No-ip, and have a registered host name that I have used in the past to connect to my Windows 8.1 system
    Since a clean install of Windows 10, I no longer can connect using the MS remote desktop app on my mac to my pc. I have allowed remote connections, and the port 3389 TCP is forwarded on my router per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...r-home-network

I have a static IP on my pc, and the static ip on my router points to that forward port. I also disabled windows firewall. Anyone else having issues with remote desktop connections?

:)

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

How do I Remote Control my Windows Phone 8 from my Windows 8 PC?

you are mixing a few things. windows RT can remote desktop into OTHER computers that SUPPORT remote desktop. you cannot remote desktop INTO a windows RT machine.

likewise, there is a remote desktop app for windows phone - but it only works to connect to computers that support remote desktop. not to remote into the phone.

LCRT, Aug 2, 2015
  3. OusmaneSY Win User
    How do I Remote Control my Windows Phone 8 from my Windows 8 PC?

Hi,

thanks for the precisions about Windows RT. I should not have included that feature suggestion however.

I removed it now.

Best regards

OusmaneSY, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Did you turn off the Windows firewall?

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  5. RWOne Win User
    Firewall wouldn't need to be turned off (though that would lead to confirming), just allow remote desktop connection thru the firewall:

Right click start, control panel, windows firewall, link on left "allow apps to communicate thru windows firewall"

Check remote Desktop and private / public as you see fit, then ok.

It's likely not checked after the upgrade.

RWOne, Aug 2, 2015
  6. gizbug Win User
    Yes. This is a clean install of windows 10

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    The windows firewall is turned on by default in a clean install.

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  8. gizbug Win User

Yes, it is. Whether I leave firewall ON or OFF, it's still not connecting. I went to noip.com, and ran their portchecktool, and it shows 3389 as open, as it should be. I wonder if I need to disable the pin login in windows 10, and go back to password only

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    Do you have Network Level Authentication turned on? The remote desktop app your using on your mac may not support NLA.

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  10. gizbug Win User
    I just unchecked that box on my windows 10 pc. Tried connecting again, and nothing. Weird. Doesn't even get to the point of logging me on. I know my no-ip host (xxx.ddns.net) is valid and updated with my latest ip address, as I have the app running on my windows 10 pc. Very weird.

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    Do you have another computer on your local network that you can try and connect directly to your inside IP address? If you can connect there, then the problem is your router.

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  12. gizbug Win User
    So if i connect to my internal ip address, i can connect. External, no go still. Small progress

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

Then the problem is with your router/gateway/firewall. You need to configure it to connect to the machine. Be aware that some firewalls don't allow you to connect to the external IP address from inside your network. You may need to test it externally, using a smartphone with RDP installed, for instance.

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  14. gizbug Win User
    I factory reset the router, and all works fine now. solved

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  15. I found this worked in my case. First of all, the IP vs no-ip made a difference, as noted previously. The only other thing that made a difference for me was that after getting the authentication pop-up dialog box - was that I could *not* use my "email address" Microsoft logon, but had to use my regular non-email address Local Account logon (which I suppose you would have to create first if not already setup - See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-windows-10 ). Then, if prompted, allow the Certification access. That did the trick for me.

bcosner2000, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Remote desktop not working in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Remote desktop working

2. Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Remote Desktop not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Is Chrome Remote Desktop not working for you? There are several causes that can lead to the Chrome Remote Desktop failing to function properly. For instance, there might be a glitch in the app or permission problems. This article will discuss the reasons and potential...
  3. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  4. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  5. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop not working: i can get Remote Desktop to work at home when the laptop client is inside my wifi zone but when i leave the building and leave my network my laptop cannot make a connection. am I getting blocked by the Arris TM822 or the Orbi RBR 50 or both. Should i forward the 3389...
  6. Remote Desktop Not Working

Remote Desktop Not Working: So this all happened since yesterday. before that everything was working normal and no issue were reported. My PC is not connecting my VPS1 & VPS2 , where i had installed Windows Server (12 and 19) for running apps. I also have a VPS3 with Windows Server 12 installed on...
  7. Windows 10 - Remote desktop connection is not working

Windows 10 - Remote desktop connection is not working: Windows 10 upgraded to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. is there any solution to fix this issue?...
  8. WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING: Been using the app for years. Have a Windows 7 Professional Laptop on a Wireless Network in the Office. Have just installed a Windows 10 Professional PC on a Hardline Connection. Wrote a "Rule" in Norton to Trust the Laptop. Rule works as I can ping the Windows 10 Unit...
  9. Remote Desktop Not Working

Remote Desktop Not Working: Dear Windows,, I am using windows 10 home edition.After windows update I can not do remote desktop I install -- Windows 10 Home Single 64 bit version Please advice how to resolve this.. [img] 114406
  10. Remote Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Not Working: Dear Windows,, I am using windows 10 home edition.After windows update I can not do remote desktop I install -- Windows 10 Home Single 64 bit version Please advice how to resolve this.. [img] 114406