Windows 10: Remote Desktop options greyed out

Discus and support Remote Desktop options greyed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob77, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Bob77 Win User

Remote Desktop options greyed out

Hi,
    Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything.

It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available.

I have seen posts saying to check group policy, but I have done that and I have no group policy settings set.

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Bob77, Mar 3, 2016
  2. Angahran Win User

Both remote desktop options are greyed out Remote Desktop options greyed out :(

Thank you for the reply.

Tried all that, no change.

The options are still greyed out Remote Desktop options greyed out :(

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

Angahran, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Both remote desktop options are greyed out Remote Desktop options greyed out :(

Hi Angahran,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

First use the DISM tool and System File Checker for repairing any missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.

• Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).

• If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.

• Type or copy paste the below command lines into it:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Do you have Windows 10 Home or Pro?

Mystere, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Bob77 Win User
    Sorry, should have said, Windows 10 Pro 64bit (on fast insider track)

Bob77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop options greyed out - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop options

2. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  3. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  4. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  5. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out: Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources Greyed Out: Hi,I've been using Remote Desktop Connection for work, for over 6 months now and was using my webcam and its mic while using my remote desktop. To do this I activated using them through the Local Resources option in the settings for the RDC.However, as of a week ago my IT had...
  7. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  8. Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that the Allow remote connections to this computer are greyed out and by default, the Don’t allow remote connections to this […] This article Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...
  10. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop settings greyed out

2. remote desktop options greyed out windows 10

3. remote desktop greyed out windows 10

4. windows 10 enable remote desktop greyed out,
  5. remote desktop greyed,
  6. windows 10 remote desktop options grayed out,
  7. win 10 remote desktop greyed out,
  8. Remote desktop is greyed out Windows 10,
  9. remote desktop greyed out,
  10. enable remote desktop greyed out,
  11. remote desktop options greyed out,