Windows 10: 'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'

Discus and support 'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The 'Remote Desktop Services' service (under Services.msc) keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'. Does anyone know how to stop this? I've set it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thelps, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'

The 'Remote Desktop Services' service (under Services.msc) keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'.

Does anyone know how to stop this? I've set it to 'Disabled' and turned off the service multiple times but it seems to automatically set itself to 'Automatic' and activate itself. This even happens without restarting the computer.

Is this indicative of malware/virus activity?

How can I ensure this service remains disabled?

I've long suspected this computer is hacked and this activity could be associated with remote access of one form or another. If this indicates known malware please inform me of the usual suspects.

Much appreciated.

:)

Thelps, Jul 11, 2017

2. Remote desktop problems

What remote desktop services need to be started, or do they start upon demand? I have looked at services and there are about 4-5 remote desktop services none of which are starting automatically.

David

DavidPosthumus, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Chugsum Win User
    Disbale Remote Desktop Services

How do I completely, and permanently, disable Remote Desktop Services both in Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home?

When first booting my PC, the service is set for Automatic, but not running. When I connect to the Internet, the service is starting. I have both Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop unchecked and turned off under System Properties, but the service is still
    running. I am able to stop and disable it, but I have to do this every time I boot the PC.

I've searched for the Terminal Server, but it's not under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft, per directions from a MS article.

Thanks.

Chugsum, Jul 11, 2017
  4. 'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'

It is definitely not normal, especially for this service. Pick 2-3 scanners and check for malware.

10 Free and Portable Offline Antivirus Scanners

Try this, run CMD as admin and copy/paste:
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fAllowToGetHelp" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fAllowUnsolicited" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fAllowUnsolicitedFullControl" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fDenyTSConnections" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "TSAppCompat" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "TSEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "TSUserEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\RemoteAssistance\RemoteAssistanceTask" /Disable schtasks /End /TN "Microsoft\Windows\RemoteAssistance\RemoteAssistanceTask" sc config TermService start= disabled net stop TermService /y[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Jul 12, 2017
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    A few years ago, a Norton user was ranting about the security software resetting the Service to 'Automatic'. No one in the Norton Support Forum volunteered to prove the user wrong/right.

My own experience, and I use Norton, says a reboot resets the Service to 'Automatic'. When I had the occasion to check, it usually shows it as previously set, 'Disabled'. Only after a reboot does it show the Service running.

It's an inconvenience, the reflexive checking, I've learned to live with.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'

1. 'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic' - Similar Threads - 'Remote Desktop Services'

2. Remote desktops service keeps stoping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktops service keeps stoping: Hii have a problem with my remote desktop.The remote desktop service stops after a couple of reconects and i need to either reboot the computer or manualy start the service to be able to reconect...
  3. Remote desktops service keeps stoping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktops service keeps stoping: Hii have a problem with my remote desktop.The remote desktop service stops after a couple of reconects and i need to either reboot the computer or manualy start the service to be able to reconect...
  4. An online service keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An online service keeps reinstalling itself: I had a new ssd installed on my computer, I downloaded epic games and fortnite without knowing that I downloaded it on my C drive rather than my D drive, I transferred everything related to epic games and fortnite to drive D, once I finished transferring all of the files...
  5. An online service keeps reinstalling itself

An online service keeps reinstalling itself: I had a new ssd installed on my computer, I downloaded epic games and fortnite without knowing that I downloaded it on my C drive rather than my D drive, I transferred everything related to epic games and fortnite to drive D, once I finished transferring all of the files...
  6. An online service keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Remote Service Desktop Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Service Desktop Installation: Hi Microsoft Community.I have a query.We have a client with a windows server 2016.He has the RDS license expiring in 100 days or less.I am about to purchase 2 keys but each key is good for 5 users.The client requires up to 10 simultaneous users to connect to that server.Can I...
  8. Remote Service Desktop Installation

Remote Service Desktop Installation: Hi Microsoft Community.I have a query.We have a client with a windows server 2016.He has the RDS license expiring in 100 days or less.I am about to purchase 2 keys but each key is good for 5 users.The client requires up to 10 simultaneous users to connect to that server.Can I...
  9. Can't turn on remote desktop service

Can't turn on remote desktop service: I have a windows 10 pro and when I turn on Remote Desktop Service from the settings it says it's On but the service isn't started and the port isn't listening, even though when I try to start the service manually it says Error 126: Specified module not found, windows is...
  10. Remote Desktop Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Service: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-%EC%8B%9C%EC%9E%91%EC%9D%B4/2413d62f-1d3a-409f-840d-a0e91aabc78a