Windows 10: Remote Desktop to Win10 machines fails or takes multiple tries..

Discus and support Remote Desktop to Win10 machines fails or takes multiple tries.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks. I've been noticing that RDP is a toss up on my Windows 10 machines. It hangs and I have to close the connection, then try again and get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theargonaut33, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Remote Desktop to Win10 machines fails or takes multiple tries..

Hi folks. I've been noticing that RDP is a toss up on my Windows 10 machines. It hangs and I have to close the connection, then try again and get an error stating it's not available because it's busy, then try a third time after a few minutes and it works. I have disabled connecting to printers, clipboard, smartcard, etc. and still have the problem. Are other experiencing this?

:)

theargonaut33, Nov 12, 2015

2. Update from Win7 Ult x64 to Win10 Pro stops remote desktop audio working

I frequently use remote desktop at home when maintaining PCs etc. Bring host audio to the client is enabled in the remote desktop configuration.

Two Dell machines upgraded as described above had no problem with remote desktop as host. In particular, when acting as a host, in Device Manager, their "Audio inputs and outputs" includes "Remote Audio".

Two other machines - one old LGA750 and one new LGA1150 (97Z) lost the "Remote Audio" when acting as remote desktop host after the upgrade. On the LGA750 I did a repair installation of Win10 over the upgraded Win10 already in place. This did not fix the
    problem. As an experiment, on the LGA750, I then did a clean install and doing this fixed the problem - the "Remote Audio" device was now present (on the same hardware) and worked correctly.

The problem is a minor one and I do not want to keep the clean install of Win10 as it would involve hours reinstalling all the programs.

Has anyone seen this and/or does anyone ideas about how it might be fixed on the upgrade Win10 installation?

John V Bowler, Nov 12, 2015
  3. joerango Win User
    Remote Desktop App not working

I am using the non-metro (old-style) Remote Desktop client to remotely access a VirtualBox VM (using the remote display option). This works perfectly fine. I am not able to use the new Remote Desktop Metro app to connect to the same machine.

I am running Windows 10 home on my client machine. To summarize: The server is perfectly fine and it works well with the old remote desktop client application. My problem is with the new Remote Desktop App. It stays on 'Initiating remote connection' then
    fails with the error 'Can't connect to remote PC'. I have tried both version of the metro app, the one that came with windows 10 and the new preview version. Both don't work.

What's wrong with the new metro style RDP client?

joerango, Nov 12, 2015
  4. vagwada Win User

Remote Desktop to Win10 machines fails or takes multiple tries..

I work remotely and just had my in-office machine re-imaged with Windows 10. I am experiencing the exact same issues. I came across your post in a Google search. Please post here if you come across a solution and I will do the same...

vagwada, Jan 12, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop to Win10 machines fails or takes multiple tries..

1. Remote Desktop to Win10 machines fails or takes multiple tries.. - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Win10

2. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  3. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  4. Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates.: I Reinstalled win10 20H2 today. And before reinstalling, i found that the remote desktop usually failed to connect after installing windows updates.And after reinstalling, the problem still lives....
  5. Remote desktop zooming in and staying at 175%, Remote Desktop for Mac into virtual machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop zooming in and staying at 175%, Remote Desktop for Mac into virtual machine: This is a slightly complicated issue, as I'm using RD to connect to a virtual machine of a Windows 10 session on a Mac OS. We will call this the "virtual PC". I have two different computers that I connect to the virtual PC. One is a Mac laptop, the other is a Mac trashcan...
  6. Cannot remote into machines via the Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remote into machines via the Remote Desktop App: As of no earlier than 2021-01-13 I can no longer remote into the various servers I work with via the Remote Desktop app in Windows 10. The process starts, a screen that has a message that reads "Configuring remote PC..." comes up and stays there for 1-3 minutes. The whole...
  7. Cloning Multiple Win10 machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning Multiple Win10 machines: I am trying to clone 30+ machine at one time. The issue I am having is that if I use one machine as my test and try and deploy that out to 30+ machines how can I get the COA key in the other machine to activate? All 30+ machines are brand new. They all have different COA...
  8. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  9. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop - Multiple Users: I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office. I have remote desktop set up so that I as the primary user (admin) can log in, but I would like to set up additional profiles so that my kids can log in using their profiles on...
  10. fail to login remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fail to login remote desktop: I have a windows server 2012R2, and have 2 local account for remote purpose (account A : with administrator group, account B : not in administrator group) when remote from a windows 7, everything works fine, but when remote from a windows 10, 1) only the account B is...