Windows 10: Remote desktop troubleshooting

Discus and support Remote desktop troubleshooting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone 2 weeks ago we "lost" connection to the server away from work via Remote Desktop. Prior loosing the connection, I was fumbling with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by juunasv, Apr 2, 2017.

1. juunasv Win User

Remote desktop troubleshooting

Hi everyone

2 weeks ago we "lost" connection to the server away from work via Remote Desktop.

Prior loosing the connection, I was fumbling with setting VPN up on a different system. Bear in mind, that we can access the server locally, just can't access it outside the office. Doing a system restore prior fumbling episode didn't help, and I've been trying to find a solution ever since. And I feel like I'm out of bounds.

Can some please help?

The basic layout is as follow.

6 systems total.
    1 Server w. server 2008 r2
    3 workstations w. windows 10
    2 laptop for connecting to server via RDP

Server and workstations are connected together via switch, which is connected to a router.
    RDP on server is listening on port 3389 and the same port is portforwarded on router.

VPN fumbling was on my workstation. The server was never touched during that.

Router has been resettet and redid the ports, with no success.
    EDIT: it's not a switch but an access point.

:)

juunasv, Apr 2, 2017
  2. osx remote desktop, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Linney Win User
    Error connecting to Remote Desktop in Windows 10

These mention running the System File Checker tool.

Error Message when trying to connect to Remote Desktop

Error Message when trying to connect to Remote Desktop

mstscax.dll not in path

mstscax.dll not in path

This is a good alternative to Remote Desktop.

Teamviewer

TeamViewer – Access your computer remotely and share your desktop with friends – it’s free for personal use!

Troubleshoot Remote Desktop problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-vista/troubleshoot-remote-desktop-problems

remote desktop trouyble windows 10 - Recherche Google

Linney, Apr 2, 2017
Thema:

Remote desktop troubleshooting

1. Remote desktop troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Remote desktop troubleshooting

2. remote desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    remote desktop: Hello --- I am trying to login to my win 10 / pro computer using remote desktop --- I have remote access turn on, but when I try to connect the connection ends with an error --- is there a way to debug this to find out the issue? Thanks...
  3. How to troubleshoot general Remote Desktop connection issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to troubleshoot general Remote Desktop connection issues on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection. The user employs RDP client software for this purpose, while the other computer...
  4. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on both computers but when I try to connect using Remote Desktop it tells me 'The remote computer is not available on the network' How do I resolve?...
  5. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop: My PC freezes when I am trying to copy and paste on the remote desktop using VPM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/9ad87e89-f004-4c05-9a9b-c7a9d94cf54b
  6. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop: Hello, I have problems to connect to a university PC using Remote Desktop. While turning it on, it askes me to sign in using my Microsoft account. So I sign in but then it tells me these data are not correct - I know they are because I have no problem with signing to...
  7. remote desktop

remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  8. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop: What version of Windows 10 do I need to get a license for to be able to connect to work remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/34cd5035-ac89-414f-ac58-2b14550cb7ed"
  9. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....