Windows 10: Remote Desktop Video Freezing

Discus and support Remote Desktop Video Freezing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When accessing my home media server PC, a couple of my computers are failing to get a consistent video feed from the server. They're still connected,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Michael Win User

Remote Desktop Video Freezing

When accessing my home media server PC, a couple of my computers are failing to get a consistent video feed from the server. They're still connected, and the mouse and keyboard are still sending input, but the picture will just freeze at random times. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again, and even then it won't last more than a minute before freezing up again. I usually just resort to using the Remote Desktop Android app, which works flawlessly (ironically enough).

The computers having this problem both have the same AC1200 D-Link PCIe adapter, so that may have something to do with it. The server is connected via ethernet. All PCs are running Windows 10.

:)

Michael, Nov 4, 2015

2. RDP freezes remote

Win 10 laptop rdp freezes the remote desktop immediately upon connecting. Remote is running Windows 10 Pro. The desktop remains frozen until powered off and on. I believe no settings have been changed since it used to work properly. A different laptop
    is able to rdp successfully into that desktop. Strangely, the laptop that is able to successfully rdp cannot see files on the remote when the homegroup icon is clicked--says the remote is currently unavailable, but the laptop that freezes the remote can see
    and open files when the homegroup icon is clicked. When I google remote freezes I get info about Windows 7, and the "Virtual Agent" doesn't understand my question. Thanks for any help

EllenReddick, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Tech Preview freezes often on RDC

Windows 10 Enterprise Tech Preview freezes often on RDC - Remote Desktop Connection.

What would be the root cause that Windows 10 Enterprise Tech Preview freezes every time I try to reconnect from one day to the following on Remote Desktop Connection using Hyper-V on the server side?

Thanks,

isi.carlos, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

Remote Desktop Video Freezing

1. Remote Desktop Video Freezing - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Video

2. Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance: Currently remoting into my laptop via a remote desktop manager where I have a WYSE DELL client as my remote support to login. My problem is that I have used up all of my "tech knowledge" to try to improve the audio and video quality, as outlined below:In the remote manager...
  3. Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance: Currently remoting into my laptop via a remote desktop manager where I have a WYSE DELL client as my remote support to login. My problem is that I have used up all of my "tech knowledge" to try to improve the audio and video quality, as outlined below:In the remote manager...
  4. Remote Desktop Freeze / Not Responding When Typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Freeze / Not Responding When Typing: Hi, I am having an issue when trying to use remote desktop connection into other PC's on my network. When I start typing either the name or IP it will freeze and say not responding for a couple minutes then allows me to type another 2/3 characters before freezing again....
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing: Hi, We are currently connecting to our workstations using RDP after connecting to VPN. Lately, many users have experienced their RDP session freezing, forcing them to close the session and re-open. I have seen many articles on this topic, however, none of them include...
  6. Remote desktop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop freezing: Hi, I have two up to date Windows 10 computers without any exotic hardware. They are on the same network but a remote desktop session between the two keeps freezing. Closing and restarting the session fixes the freeze. Using the Remote Desktop App helps reduce the frequency...
  7. my remote desktop keep freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my remote desktop keep freezing: hi my loveMICrosoft company some of my employer in our company remote desktop keep freezing and they have to close and again remote we use vpn connection for telework and they remote to themeselves system in company i must add both os in windows 10 1909 and we sure...
  8. Remote Desktop and Intel Video Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop and Intel Video Driver: Hi, Since the last update of windows I've a problem with Remote Desktop and connecting to my workstation at work. When I'm working at the office there is no problem, only when I'm using RD. A colleague of mine is experiencing the same problem. When I use RD and I did NOT...
  9. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....
  10. How to record remote desktop connection as video

How to record remote desktop connection as video: i have connected two pcs with wireless Lan and now want to record screen of pc1 one on the pc2 with audio teamviewer does this job well but issue is that it records in video format which can be played in teamviewer app only. to play in other players have to undergo hours of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop freezes and crashing windows 10 1903