Windows 10: Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

Discus and support Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As announced at Microsoft Ignite, a new web client is being developed to provide access to virtualized apps and desktops from a browser, without the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

Source: Remote Desktop web client public preview Enterprise Mobility + Security

:)

Brink, Mar 27, 2018

2. Desktop

Hello,

New for Windows 10

Remote Desktop preview app for Windows 10 - You can
    get it from the Microsoft store on any device running Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview.

Smittychat., Mar 27, 2018
  3. joerango Win User
    Remote Desktop App not working

I am using the non-metro (old-style) Remote Desktop client to remotely access a VirtualBox VM (using the remote display option). This works perfectly fine. I am not able to use the new Remote Desktop Metro app to connect to the same machine.

I am running Windows 10 home on my client machine. To summarize: The server is perfectly fine and it works well with the old remote desktop client application. My problem is with the new Remote Desktop App. It stays on 'Initiating remote connection' then
    fails with the error 'Can't connect to remote PC'. I have tried both version of the metro app, the one that came with windows 10 and the new preview version. Both don't work.

What's wrong with the new metro style RDP client?

joerango, Mar 27, 2018
  4. Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

Aimed at Windows 10 on Arm I'm guessing?

alphanumeric, Mar 27, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    I thought the host must be server but client can be anything with a browser (so your phone).

After reading the links I'm not so clear about this though - as per normal reading their documentation means I know less than if I randomly guessed.

This is my normal response to MS documentation with their links that go no-where and descriptions of a tiny bit of functionality without any context which lead you back to guessing what (if anything) their point was. A singularly odd sort of website.

6. OilerNut Win User
    This is more for companies and not directed to consumers really. It adds remote desktop option to Azure services when you log into their portal page. And because it's device agnostic, it means you can launch it from pretty much any device with a web browser.

OilerNut, Mar 27, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    Thanks. They aren't really clear here though:
    Welcome to Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2016 | Microsoft Docs

Which then links you immediately into seemingly random (very short 3 sentence pages) pages about Windows 7 compatibility, RemoteFX and managing accounts on Android. I'm sure it is useful stuff but the website navigation is terrible. Even if it was useful to me (which it probably isn't) having to navigate 15 pages to find one sentence is terrible website design.

They really could and should put slightly more detail on a page.

But then, I'm not the target audience I guess. Perhaps the managers who buy azure services do it on their phone.

8. Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

This > "for Windows Server 2016" < to me says its for Corporate not Consumer.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

1. Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop web

2. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  3. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  4. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. remote desktop access window server 2016.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  6. remote desktop access window server 2016.

remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  7. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  8. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  9. Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac slow to Windows Server 2016 / 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac slow to Windows Server 2016 / 2019: Hi Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac is unworkably slow when connecting to Windows 2016 / 2019 VPS over VPN. Windows clients work fine over the same connection. I have this problem with IPSEC tunnel as well as OpenVPN to the destination network. If I run the native...
  10. Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016: Microsoft is making available to anyone who wants to kick the tires a first public preview release of its coming SQL Server 2016 on-premises database. [img] Testers can download what's called SQL Server 2016 Community Technology Preview (CTP) 2 from Microsoft's web...