Windows 10: Remote Desktop

Discus and support Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. When I RDP to another Windows 7 Ultimate machine the application randomly closes, no error messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TigCobra, Aug 30, 2015.

1. TigCobra Win User

Remote Desktop

I have recently upgraded from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. When I RDP to another Windows 7 Ultimate machine the application randomly closes, no error messages or anything. Anyone seen this before?

:)

TigCobra, Aug 30, 2015
  2. osx remote desktop, Aug 30, 2015
  3. LCRT Win User
    How do I Remote Control my Windows Phone 8 from my Windows 8 PC?

you are mixing a few things. windows RT can remote desktop into OTHER computers that SUPPORT remote desktop. you cannot remote desktop INTO a windows RT machine.

likewise, there is a remote desktop app for windows phone - but it only works to connect to computers that support remote desktop. not to remote into the phone.

4. lx07 Win User

Remote Desktop

I have this issue but not a solution. I use RDP to connect to local Hyper-V VMs and it drops connection a lot - it never did on 8 or 8.1. At least in my case (as the VMs are on the same disk) it can't be network...

5. bro67 Win User
    It is a glitch that has been around since Windows XP. That is the biggest reason why everyone started to use Team Viewer. The other is that Microsoft refuses to patch a huge security hole in RDP.

bro67, Aug 31, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    So why then did it work perfectly fine in 7, 8 and 8.1? What is the "glitch" and what is the solution?

7. bro67 Win User
    It never worked fine with 7 & 8. The problem with 10, is that it is bringing a whole new set of headaches. The 10525 is sad to fix some things and break others, wen they roll it out in Oct.

bro67, Sep 1, 2015
  8. cyberSAR Win User

Remote Desktop

Not sure about the glitch, but I am running 10 Pro (fresh install) and remote into several Win7 and 8.1 Pro machines for hours at a time and have not had any issues with RDP crashing and/or closing

cyberSAR, Sep 1, 2015
  9. RWOne Win User
    Too true on new headaches.

I have my work pc here setup for RDP, ports set on router, logon, etc. All has been good, then all of a sudden from my laptop either on the net, or even on the LAN, getting windows security logon failed for it.

At the same time using my Nexus 6 running 2X client I RDP just fine thru wifi on same LAN, or thru VZW.

I'll sort that eventually, but these are the kind of things that drive you nuts.

RWOne, Sep 1, 2015
  10. TigCobra Win User
    Faulting application name: mstsc.exe, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3878
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16430, time stamp: 0x55c59f92
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002a901
    Faulting process id: 0x2204
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d10319b94e00da
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 0738340a-2822-4bdb-bb21-f3d0cbb556b1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

TigCobra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop

1. Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop

2. Remote desktop license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop license: hello we have a company with 50users,we want them to migrate them to virtual machines with windows 10 Pro or enterprise.the VMs will run under a cluster with 3 hosts VMwarethe local reseller suggests to install win10Pro key and then to have a windows 10/11 enterprise e3 vda...
  3. Remote desktop license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop license: hello we have a company with 50users,we want them to migrate them to virtual machines with windows 10 Pro or enterprise.the VMs will run under a cluster with 3 hosts VMwarethe local reseller suggests to install win10Pro key and then to have a windows 10/11 enterprise e3 vda...
  4. Remote desktop license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Need Help Remote Desktop Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Remote Desktop Windows 11 Pro: I am trying to set up remote desktop via Windows 11 Pro.I believe I have the settings on the remote PC correct.I have downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Acer Chromebook and added the PC and set the settings.Both machines are on the same Wifi network.The PC Name is...
  6. Need Help Remote Desktop Windows 11 Pro

Need Help Remote Desktop Windows 11 Pro: I am trying to set up remote desktop via Windows 11 Pro.I believe I have the settings on the remote PC correct.I have downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Acer Chromebook and added the PC and set the settings.Both machines are on the same Wifi network.The PC Name is...
  7. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  8. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  9. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...
  10. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...