Windows 10: Remote into different account on same computer

Discus and support Remote into different account on same computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DrIvoKintobor, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Remote into different account on same computer

Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer?

I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main account.

Before people ask, yes, multiple accounts are needed, killing floor won't launch in steam if there is a killing floor server running, steam thinks the game is running, but it's not, the server is.

:)

DrIvoKintobor, Sep 8, 2015

2. Same Microsoft account on different PCs

So there is no possibility to activate Windows 10 on the new laptop using the same account without a license key?

Eduard Visinescu, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Same Microsoft account on different PCs

No, each computer must have their own unique product key to activate Windows 10. Digital License only works when the machine is already licensed and when you reinstall Windows 10 on the same computer.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Remote into different account on same computer

No, it is not possible. Even if it were possible it would most probably not work as you'd want it to work; the server would be running on your PC, all accounts could see it's running, so connecting remotely to an account and run the servers, then using another account to launch Steam it would still see the server running.

Kari, Sep 8, 2015
  5. actually, i've had the servers running on the second account, and steam doesn't see them running, but that wasn't the question i was asking anyways...

is it possible to control my second account without logging out of my main account? (if i'm watching a video, talking with friends via skype, or something, i don't want to interupt that, you know?)

DrIvoKintobor, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
  7. that's exactly what i don't want to do... that interrupts the work flow, puts skype calls on hold, pause video, podcasts, etc...

my ideal setup would be a hypervisor where i'd have 2 operating systems running simultaneously on one computer, and i tried it... but i couldn't get it set up right...

i tried a virtual machine, debian being the main os and windows running in the virtual machine, but i couldn't get that to work with my video card...

DrIvoKintobor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote into different account on same computer

1. Remote into different account on same computer - Similar Threads - Remote different account

2. How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?: I recently got an Alienware pc and was setting up some things and when I tried to log into outlook, it was asking me for a product key. I am very confused about what I should do next....
  3. How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?: I recently got an Alienware pc and was setting up some things and when I tried to log into outlook, it was asking me for a product key. I am very confused about what I should do next....
  4. Unable to sign to same account on 2 different computers, not simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign to same account on 2 different computers, not simultaneously: I'm taking a University course and was assigned an email address in the domain of the university. They use Office365.The problem I'm having is that I log into the account in one computer work and can access the email and all Office365 apps. I log out of the account. When I...
  5. Unable to sign to same account on 2 different computers, not simultaneously

Unable to sign to same account on 2 different computers, not simultaneously: I'm taking a University course and was assigned an email address in the domain of the university. They use Office365.The problem I'm having is that I log into the account in one computer work and can access the email and all Office365 apps. I log out of the account. When I...
  6. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  7. Different email same Microsoft account

Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  8. Different accounts on the same pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different accounts on the same pc: Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate...
  9. Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account: Two different computers sharing the same Microsoft account for Windows 10 have the same issue of making beeps randomly. If I change the Windows account on any of them, beepings stop. More details for the incident are provided below. I have an HP Notebook 15-AY114NS laptop...
  10. Same computers, different updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same computers, different updates?: I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and...