Windows 10: remote laptop is unable to print to laptop printeron homegroup

Discus and support remote laptop is unable to print to laptop printeron homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two laptops windows 10 home group network del printer with USB connection to one of laptops both have driver both recognize printer network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DLMifm, Dec 17, 2016.

1. DLMifm Win User

remote laptop is unable to print to laptop printeron homegroup

Two laptops windows 10
    home group network
    del printer with USB connection to one of laptops

both have driver
    both recognize printer

network is OK

remote laptop is unable to print to printer

:)

DLMifm, Dec 17, 2016
  2. efsChuck Win User

Home group works on local area network but not from remote locations

I have a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop both set up on a homegroup. Both boxes are on WIFI. The desktop is the primary source of shared files. The laptop can access these files when on the local area WIFI network but not from a remote location.
    Both machines are setup up the same way. The local router has the port forwarding set up as specified on the Port Forwarding Information screen on the desktop machine. The laptop has a different external port which I temporarily setup on the local router also
    but it did help. I read where access could be blocked by the remote WIFI system the laptop is on. The questions I have as follows:

Does the remote router need port forwarding setup for the laptop to access the homegroup or is that port only for listening [allowing access to local files]?

If the remote WIFI is somehow blocking homegroup would that also block internet video and music streaming?

Is there anyway to tell if homegroup is being blocked at the remote location?

Assuming homegroup is not being blocked, what else should I look for that would effect remote access but not local area WIFI access?

I will appreciate any suggestions

Chuck

efsChuck, Dec 17, 2016
  3. RDP freezes remote

Win 10 laptop rdp freezes the remote desktop immediately upon connecting. Remote is running Windows 10 Pro. The desktop remains frozen until powered off and on. I believe no settings have been changed since it used to work properly. A different laptop
    is able to rdp successfully into that desktop. Strangely, the laptop that is able to successfully rdp cannot see files on the remote when the homegroup icon is clicked--says the remote is currently unavailable, but the laptop that freezes the remote can see
    and open files when the homegroup icon is clicked. When I google remote freezes I get info about Windows 7, and the "Virtual Agent" doesn't understand my question. Thanks for any help

EllenReddick, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Have you shared the printer?

Samuria, Dec 18, 2016
  5. DLMifm Win User
    Yes, the printer is shared.

Both are HP laptops
    Both are turned on

Just printed from remote PC, it said file is printing
    The nothing no printer error and no response on printer

DLMifm, Dec 18, 2016
  6. DLMifm Win User
    I found my error. In the window for selecting printer I failed to fill the locate printer field

Itis now working/printing

DLMifm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. remote laptop is unable to print to laptop printeron homegroup - Similar Threads - remote laptop unable

2. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, I Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account. Now I am unable to login when i click sign in it takes me to the same screenscreen where when we open pc after sleep . I don't wish to format the system.please help...
  3. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, I Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account. Now I am unable to login when i click sign in it takes me to the same screenscreen where when we open pc after sleep . I don't wish to format the system.please help...
  4. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account on another laptop. Now I am not able to login through my fingerprint or PIN. Its says administrator has to login first but there is only one account on the system, and...
  5. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account on another laptop. Now I am not able to login through my fingerprint or PIN. Its says administrator has to login first but there is only one account on the system, and...
  6. Lenovo Laptop G50 unable to print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Laptop G50 unable to print: My Lenovo laptop G50 will not print after the last Windows 10 update. I cannot figure out a fix. I have tried to print on three different printers that were all working before the update....
  7. laptop dropped from homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop dropped from homegroup: The laptop dropped out of the Homegroup. It had factory installed Windows 10 but I have Windows 7 running on it to match with the other computers in the Homegroup. I can't even find "Homegroup" in settings on the Laptop....
  8. Unable to Join HomeGroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  9. Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop

Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop: Hello, After upgrading both Desktop & Laptop to Win 10, I am not able to JOIN Homegroup. Both computers show the option Homegroup: READY TO CREATE. Nomally when a Homegroup is created through one of the computers in network, Second or other computers should show it as...
  10. Homegroup, was fine now unable to access any other PC or Laptop

Homegroup, was fine now unable to access any other PC or Laptop: Had HomeGroup running fine until yesterday. My PC on Win10 could access our Laptop on Win 8.1 and the Laptop access my PC. Today both are 'unavailable' to the other *Sad. I tried leaving the HomeGroup on both machines then created a new HG on My PC, opened up the Laptop only...