Windows 10: Remote NDIS Internet USB Dongle not working in Windows 10 64-bit

Discus and support Remote NDIS Internet USB Dongle not working in Windows 10 64-bit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I hope everyone is doing good today, and thank you for helping me out. I am having this unusual problem that is over my head. Whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DAK, Nov 27, 2017.

1. DAK
    DAK Win User

Remote NDIS Internet USB Dongle not working in Windows 10 64-bit

Hello all,
    I hope everyone is doing good today, and thank you for helping me out. I am having this unusual problem that is over my head. Whenever I directly connect my Wireless Internet USB Dongle to my laptop, the internet never connects with a yellow exclamation mark showing on Windows LAN icon in the taskbar.
    However, when I turn on Wi-Fi from the same or any similar internet devices I have, I have no connectivity issues then. On top of this, it is only happening in Windows 10 64-bit Version 1703 but not on any other version of Windows 10 as well as the previous Windows. I tried the built-in troubleshooter, uninstalled/reinstalled Network/LAN drivers (both from Windows update & Lenovo website) but to no avail.
    So, I really cannot understand what is this problem and why it is happening on a laptop that is clearly said to have been built for Windows 10? Your help will be highly appreciated.
    Thank you,

:)

2. Huawei E3531 dongle not working on Windows 10

Also had to roll back a Windows 10 1709 roll-out because all of our Huawei hi-link USB dongles stopped working. The fix manually setting the IP address is not acceptable as users don't have admin rights and the users with dongles are remote.

Symptom is the virtual ethernet adapter doesn't get an IP address from the DHCP server in the hi-link dongle. It gets a 169.254.x.y address and an auto ipv6 address instead.

The dongle is not using a vendor driver - it is using the driver "Remote NDIS based internet sharing device" supplied by Microsoft (Version 10.0.16299.15) ndismp6.sys and usb80236.sys

Microsoft - please fix......

Aaardvaark, Nov 27, 2017
  3. NDIS Drivers

Hi Team,

Could anyone suggest me how to get NDIS drivers for windows 10. I am using Gateway laptop with 64 bit. I want to share my laptop internet with Android mobile with USB. So, any suggestion are accepted.

Thanks in advance.

HarikrishnaG, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

What is the make/model of your USB dongle?

Plankton, Nov 27, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    To be clear you connect to your laptop via wifi and the laptop has a cable connection to the internet and is running a dhcp server? open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all post results

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote NDIS Internet USB Dongle not working in Windows 10 64-bit - Similar Threads - Remote NDIS Internet

2. Create 32-bit bootable usb on a 64-bit windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create 32-bit bootable usb on a 64-bit windows 10: When I run MediaCreationTool.exe on a 64-bit windows 10 it says "the architecture you selected doesn't match your PC" which is true but I want to create 32-bit bootable windows 10 for an Insignia tablet which has 32-bit Windows 10. I was able to successfully create 64-bit...
  3. windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS...: windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-detect-cdrom-and-sdcard-usb-4g-lte/ca363552-1ed5-48b8-9942-a75f3125f3b4
  4. windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS...: windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-detect-cdrom-and-sdcard-usb-4g-lte/ca363552-1ed5-48b8-9942-a75f3125f3b4
  5. windows doesn't detect cdrom and sdcard usb 4G LTE dongle but switch it to Remote NDIS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB tethering doesn't work - The "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" do not even...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB tethering doesn't work - The "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" do not even...: Unfortunately, the USB tethering does not work on my pc. Yesterday, I tried to share the internet from my android phone. It just did not work, as soon as I toggle on the USB tethering option on the phone, it automatically toggles off. This wasn't the problem before, I was...
  7. Windows 10 USB will only work with 32 bit not 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB will only work with 32 bit not 64 bit: When i boot the computer it gives me an option for 32 bit and 64 bit, when i choose 64 bit it goes to the screen of installing files and doesn't load the windows logo and screen is just blank but it works when i choose 32 bit and goes to Windows logo. What could cause this?...
  8. remote ndis driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remote ndis driver: Accidentally deleted Remote ndis driver. Kindly provide direct link to download the same for windows 10. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-ndis-driver/9647024e-e94b-4bf4-ba49-8af42d69efe0
  9. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, USB 2.0 Not Working In Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, USB 2.0 Not Working In Windows: Hi there, Recently i have had problems connecting any device to my usb 2.0 ports on my computer, thinking it was due to my usb headers on my motherboard i tried swapping it to the spare header i have available on the mb with no success, lucky i have a few usb 2.0 & 3.0...
  10. remote ndis based internet sharing device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote ndis based internet sharing device: this Driver is missing from my network adapters, I cannot tether my Iphone via USB, how do i install the driver? or is there another driver i should be looking for to update to USB Tether the phone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote ndis based network sharing driver download for windows10 32bit

2. remote ndis based internet sharing device windows 10 iphone 5

3. windows 10 hilink remote ndis based internet sharing device