Windows 10: RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing

Discus and support RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does anyone else experience crashing, with remoteapp publish applications? I have a large number of users, it happens to with SSMS, as well as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sam Giles, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Sam Giles Win User

RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing

Does anyone else experience crashing, with remoteapp publish applications?

I have a large number of users, it happens to with SSMS, as well as a couple of 3rd party applications.

I use a Surface, and another monitor, top to bottom, and unfortunately have been advised by Microsoft that they will not support the issue (after nearly 6 months of troubleshooting) due to this configuration.

We have tried EVERYTHING, so im hoping somebody out there can provide an insight into what may be causing this.

Many Thanks

:)

Sam Giles, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10

Hi Kati,

I would like to inform you that Scaling is controlled by the PDF application - it is not set in the file. Refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

Scale or resize PDF pages in Acrobat or Reader for printing
    Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 11, 2018
  3. How to setup RemoteApp mode for some application in Windows 10 Professional

Hi all,

how to deal with RemoteApp mode in Windows 10 Professional? I tryied to follow

these instructions to setup application for RemoteApp mode under Windows 7
    but without success. Problem is that there is no such entry

• HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Terminal Server/TSAppAllowList
    in registry. When I add these entry by hand and follow next instructions, I cannot connect to remote application because window closed immediately after login. Normal remote desktop is working fine.

Can you suggest some resources or guide to setup and use RemoteApp mode in Windows 10 Professional?

Many thanks for any idea.

Best regards,

Ondrej Nemecek.

ondrej.nemecek, Jul 11, 2018
  4. BillLalor Win User

Using Windows 10 Enterprise and RemoteApp on Server 2012 r2.

Original title: Windows 10 and RemoteApp.

Using Windows 10 Enterprise and RemoteApp on Server 2012 r2.

We've deployed Win 10 to a small handful of test users and the biggest issue we've seen so far is with RemoteApp. We're running MS Dynamics GP in a RemoteApp environment and it worked very well with Win 7 and 8.1 but since upgrading to Win 10, users are
    finding that the File menus on the remote app do not work unless they click out of the remoteapp and then back into the remoteapp.

Obviously, for accounting personnel that spend all day in GP, this is a deal breaker for Win 10. Looking for any suggestions or ideas to resolve.

Thank you.

BillLalor, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing - Similar Threads - RemoteApp Scaling Resizing

2. Unable to update connections in RemoteApp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update connections in RemoteApp: Users are unable to update RemoteApp connections on their workstations. Error is stating there was an error while updating the connection. The update was not successful. Errorcode: 0x80070020, 0x0 Their resource folder in the profile does not have RDP shortcuts and they...
  3. Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize: Today after restarting computer I noticed my Widget panel had gotten bigger. It now covers more than half my screen and it is NOT at FULL SCREEN. I looked everywhere and nothing worked, I cannot resize the entire panel or even the individual widgets within the panel. There is...
  4. Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widget panel is now too large. Can't scale or resize: Today after restarting computer I noticed my Widget panel had gotten bigger. It now covers more than half my screen and it is NOT at FULL SCREEN. I looked everywhere and nothing worked, I cannot resize the entire panel or even the individual widgets within the panel. There is...
  5. Unable to Copy and Paste to RemoteApp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Copy and Paste to RemoteApp: Hi We have a RemoteApp on users Desktops which connects to a Server 2008R2 Enterprise, but when users are trying to copy and paste either text or an attachment it wont allow them.Yet if I log then directly onto the server they can copy and paste both text and attachments back...
  6. RemoteApp Disconnected

in Windows 10 Customization
    RemoteApp Disconnected: Dear, I can not remote control server2012 and remote apps. Could you please advise what can I do next? Thanks every much! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remoteapp-disconnected/1b504766-8a18-4ec4-b05f-c079b5452a14
  7. RemoteApp Audio Sound Source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RemoteApp Audio Sound Source: Hi everyone, I was just curious about what this sound source is? It shows up in both Game Bar and the volume mixer. I don't use RDP and I have remote connections disabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

in Windows 10 Customization
    RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially: I have a large app for which we are waiting to configure DPI scaling. Currently, when we launch our app via RemoteApp (RDP,) the text and controls overlap. As a work around for our customers with high DPI displays, we found the best solution is to set...
  9. RemoteApp Randomly Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RemoteApp Randomly Freezing: Hello, I have a remoteapp set up in Server 2016 (Version 1607) that is being used by Windows 10 (Version 1803) computers. Currently, it is only set up like this for a few users for testing. The rest are using Windows 7 computers to remote desktop into Server 2008 R2...
  10. How to resize and scale inside of window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to resize and scale inside of window: Hello all, hoping there's such a thing possible for what I'm trying to accomplish. So basically I'm looking for a way to resize a window of a program and at the same time resizing what's inside of the window with it so it's scaled to fit. A perfect example for what I want.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IgnoreClientDesktopScaleFactor remoteapp not applying scaling