Windows 10: RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected

Discus and support RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I know this is quite common error with Hyper-V, but neither of these solutions helped. I have password on my guest VM account. I tried to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Suncatcher, Feb 14, 2017.

1. RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected

Hi,
    I know this is quite common error with Hyper-V, but neither of these solutions helped.
    I have password on my guest VM account. I tried to disable Enhanced Session Mode but this had no result.
    I even tried changing NIC settings like here but this didn't help either.
    What can I do then?
    My VM image was downloaded from here (IE 8 on Windows 7)
    My host OS is Win10 x64 Pro.

:)

Suncatcher, Feb 14, 2017
  2. saywhut Win User

Hyper-V functionality

I have this exact same issue. I bought a dedicated video card for my VMs to use with RemoteFX and it works, but the Enhanced session mode is disabled once you add the remote fx adapter. Enhanced session mode greatly increases the experience with the VM
    and I feel it would be counter intuitive if you had to do that trade off.

I suppose is a wait and see game from here to see if it gets resolved.

saywhut, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Willgart1 Win User
    Win 10: Edge on my PC cant see any Youtube video and Flash not working too

after investigation, I found the source of the problem, my desktop had specific config around the remote desktop service.

like remotefx config.

once these custom config removed, this solved the problem... except the sound, the sound doesnt works through RDP.

Willgart1, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected

Enhanced mode is only available for Windows 8 or later and Windows Server 2012 R2 and later guests. It can't be used in Windows 7 or earlier guests.

5. So, good. It has no impact and I see no other causes for this issues. What other steps can I try?

Suncatcher, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    Do we have a misunderstanding here? Your guest, the virtual machine, is Windows 7. It can't use enhanced mode. It is not an issue, there's no fix, there's nothing you can do.

You can use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your Windows 7 virtual machine instead of Hyper-V virtual machine connection.

7. Does it mean that it can't use RemoteFX as well? The problem is not in Enhanced Mode but in RemoteFX.

Suncatcher, Feb 15, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

RemoteFX display drivers can be used on Windows 7 hosts. RemoteFX gives a Windows 7 host better graphics but only 4:3 resolutions. To get widescreen 16:9 resolutions, or to get sound on Windows 7 guest you need to use Remote Desktop Connection.

9. I didn't mention 4:3 or sound anywhere. I just want to use RemoteFX on Windows 7. How?

Suncatcher, Feb 15, 2017
  10. Kari Win User
    First, you need an attitude change. I am very sorry I have tried to assist you and answer your questions, sorry that I mentioned the restrictions in using RemoteFX and virtual machine connection, and sorry I mentioned how to work around those restrictions.

I honestly thought that you have at least basic knowledge of Hyper-V and how to use it. Apparently I was wrong. It had made this much easier if you had mentioned in your first posts that you have very limited knowledge of Hyper-V.

With your attitude, I have basically no interest to assist and reply your posts any more but as I already started, I will answer this one more question:

You add RemoteFX display drivers in virtual machine settings selecting Add hardware > RemoteFX 3D Video Adapter, then selecting maximum number of monitors, maximum resolution and amount of dedicated video memory:

RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected [​IMG]

Thema:

1. RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected - Similar Threads - RemoteFX Video remoting

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RemoteFX: Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in...
  6. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RemoteFX: Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in...
  7. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. The Remote Computer disconnected the session...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Remote Computer disconnected the session...: I'm trying to set up a new PC in my workplace. We use Remote Desktop to connect to our server, which is an ancient win2000 unit, but I've set up plenty of new Windows 10 machines throughout the office and never had this issue. Normally, I enter the address of the server and...
  9. Reliability of the controller connected through RemoteFX USB of Remote Desktop Connection...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reliability of the controller connected through RemoteFX USB of Remote Desktop Connection...: My job is to test games for a company. We are able to work remotely from home using the integrated Remote Desktop Connection provided by Microsoft. That's the setup, nothing I can do about it. I own 2 controllers at home PS4 and a XB1. Now... As long as all I did was to...
  10. RDP / RemoteFX questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP / RemoteFX questions: I just have a couple of questions since this is a bit of uncharted territory for me. First and foremost, everything will be done through LAN and would not involve the WAN. Currently using a Gigabit switch to connect two devices. I'm basically just aiming for 60fps through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video remoting was disconnected

2. hyper-v video remoting was disconnected

3. dockerdesktopvm video remoting was disconnected

4. video remoting was disconnected hyper-v,
  5. hyper-v video remoting disconnected,
  6. video remoting was disconnected hyper v,
  7. video remoting was disconnected windows 10,
  8. video remoting was disconnected enhanced mode,
  9. remoteFX video remoting was disconnected,
  10. hyper v session was disconnected,
  11. video remote was deconnected remotefx,