Windows 10: Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device

Discus and support Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device How to Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device If your desktop, laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Nisko, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device

How to: Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device

How to Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device

If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use the Find my device feature to locate and lock it remotely.

Find my device uses your devices location data to help you find your device if you lose it. Find my device allows an administrator of a Windows portable device, such as a laptop or tablet, to identify the location of that device from account.microsoft.com/devices. To use this feature, the administrator needs to turn on the location setting for the device and sign in to Windows through a Microsoft account. This feature will work for the administrator even if other users have denied access to location for all their apps. When the administrator tries to locate the device, users will see a notification in the notification area on the taskbar.

If you locate your device and want to prevent anyone from using it or seeing your files, you can lock it remotely.

When you remotely lock your Windows 10 Device, it will sign out any active users and disable local users. Administrators with permissions will still have access to sign in to and unlock the device, but unauthorized access will be blocked. Your device will be locked and location tracking services will be enabled. The lock screen will show a message you created. You will get emails for device update sent to your Microsoft account email address.

Requirements to remotely lock a Windows 10 device:
    • You must be running Windows 10 and be signed in to the lost device through a administrator. If you're using a work or school account, Find my device won't work.
    • To send its location, your device must be connected to the Internet, have enough battery power, and use GPS.
    This tutorial will show you how to remotely lock your Windows 10 computer online using the Find my device Microsoft service.

EXAMPLE: Remotely locked Windows 10 device

Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Go to the account.microsoft.com/devices website at Microsoft, and sign in with your Microsoft account that you also use to sign in to the Windows 10 device you want to remotely lock.

2. Click/tap on the Show details or Manage link of the Windows 10 device you want to remotely lock. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on the Find my device link for the device. (see screenshot below)

*note If Find my device is currently turned off for this device, this will turn it on for the device if online.

5. If location for this device is currently turned off, then click/tap on the Enable location link to turn on location for this device if online. (see screenshot below)

6. If your device is located on the map, click/tap on the Lock button. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. Type a message you want to show on the lock screen of the device you want to remotely lock, and click/tap on Lock. (see screenshot below)

9. When your device has been remotely locked, click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

*note Anyone who finds your locked device can't sign in unless they're an administrator for a Microsoft account already on the device.

*Warning If needed, you can click/tap on Reset password before clicking on OK and follow the instructions to reset your password for added security.

10. You will receive an email from Microsoft, and the map in the Microsoft Dashboard will indicate that your Windows 10 device has been locked. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Nisko, Nov 3, 2017

2. Dell Starts Shipping Windows 10 Devices

Nice! We will start seeing devices being sold with Windows 10 in 2016, or December this year around here if we are lucky...

LOL!

Blue-Knight, Oct 27, 2019
  3. E63 - Memory Corrupted - Due to Device Lock / Remote Lock

follow up to my previous post:

yesterday i encountered my first experience with memory corrupted problem.

as flae63's suggestion, i disabled the lock device and remote lock functionality, change the password to the original of 123456, remove the memory card, then restore it.

today i got the same problem: memory corrupted.

the lock device and remote lock have been disabled. so there must be something else causing this problem.

any response from nokia regarding this problem?

doremifasol---01, Oct 27, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Remote lock

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in signing in to your device with the PIN authentication.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What happens when you try to sign with the PIN?
    2. Do you have an option to sign in with the password?
    3. May I know what you exactly mean by “Locked laptop remotely with my account”?

As you have mentioned you got it back and you are not able to get into it, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Find and lock a lost Windows device,
    please check the section "Lock your Windows device remotely after locating it:" and check if it is helpful to you.

If you are facing an issue with signing into your system using the PIN that you assigned, please refer the article
    PIN sign-in issues
    for more information.

However, if this doesn't resolve your issue and you are facing an issue with logging into your system, please reply to this thread with more information, we will look into this for you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Find and lock device

We don't work for Microsoft.

We are mainly volunteers here.

Due to privacy restrictions we have no access to your private details to be able to assist you here.

See if this assists you.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Find My Phone or Device

Lost your phone or think someone stole it? Left your device somewhere? See your phone or device on a map, or ring, lock and erase your phone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Find and lock a lost Windows device

If your desktop, laptop, tablet, or Surface is lost or stolen, use Find my device to locate and lock it remotely.

To find the lost device, it must be running Windows 10 and be signed in to your Microsoft account. You can also use Find my phone to find, locate, lock, and even erase your Windows Phone.

Notes

• You must be signed in to the lost device with a Microsoft account for which you're the administrator. If you're using a work or school account, Find my device won't work.
    • To send its location, your device must be connected to the Internet, have enough battery power, and use GPS.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Remotely Lock Windows 10 Device with Find My Device - Similar Threads - Remotely Lock Device

2. Remotely Lock or Unlock Windows PC with Find My Device

in Windows 10 News
    Remotely Lock or Unlock Windows PC with Find My Device: [IMG]Find My Device is one of the most important features of Windows. It allows you to search your device when it is lost and lock it if needed. In this, we will see how you can remotely lock or unlock Windows devices with Find My Device even though we hope that you won’t...
  3. Can't lock device remotely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  4. Can't lock device remotely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  5. Lock Device under remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Device under remotely: Hi, I have mistakenly locked my laptop and now it says "an administrator has restricted sign in.to sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in first" but i have only one account and im the administrator, further, i have set...
  6. Remote device lock and unlock

Remote device lock and unlock: I locked my laptop remotely from Microsoft account website through my desktop because I did not recognize it at first. The laptop now only shows a remote administrator message when I attempt to log in and does not allow any input. Just the default windows login screen, my...
  7. Remote device lock and unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote device lock and unlock: I locked my laptop remotely from Microsoft account website through my desktop because I did not recognize it at first. The laptop now only shows a remote administrator message when I attempt to log in and does not allow any input. Just the default windows login screen, my...
  8. Find my device lock

Find my device lock: I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out of town with the laptop?...
  9. remotely lock device

remotely lock device: i want to log out all current users and remotely lock device without having find my device turned on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-lock-device/4c4b69b9-32f1-401d-a547-7e61d870373d
  10. Windows 10 Find My Device Lock Question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Find My Device Lock Question.: Quick question, I’ve seen the feature on windows 10 for find my device in case my HP probook is stolen. Can’t the thief just erase the drive and reinstall windows to bypass this? Or is it usually locked to a chipset or windows serial key if tried? submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fox news insider videos dont play?