Windows 10: Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 How to Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

How to: Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

How to Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help provide a more secure connection to your network and the Internet.

A virtual private network (VPN) allows you to connect to the internet via a server run by a VPN provider. A VPN extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. ("In the simplest terms, it creates a secure, encrypted connection, which can be thought of as a tunnel, between your computer and a server operated by the VPN service." Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.

For more information about a VPN, see:
    This tutorial will show you different ways on how to remove a VPN (virtual private network) connection in Windows 10.

Note Before you can remove an disconnected.

You will not be able to remove a VPN if it is currently connected.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove a VPN Connection in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on VPN on the left side, click/tap on the disconnected VPN (ex: "MPN") on the right side you want to remove, and click/tap on the Remove button. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove a VPN Connection in Network Connections
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change adapter settings link on the left side of Network and Sharing Center. (see screenshot below)

3. Perform one of the actions below: (see screenshot below)
    A) Select the disconnected VPN (ex: "MPN") you want to remove, and click/tap on Delete this connection on the toolbar.

OR

B) Right click or press and hold on the disconnected VPN (ex: "MPN") you want to remove, and click/tap on Delete.

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Network Connections if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Remove a VPN Connection in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter to see details about all available added VPN connections. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow PowerShell Get-VpnConnection

Note Make note of the Name (ex: "MPN") of the disconnected VPN you want to remove.

3. Enter the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow rasphone -R "Name"

Note Substitute Name in the command above with the actual name of the disconnected VPN (ex: "MPN") you want to remove.

For example: rasphone -R "MPN"

4. When completed successfully, you can close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Remove a VPN Connection in PowerShell

Note To see more information and usage options for the Remove-VpnConnection command, see: Remove-VpnConnection - Microsoft Windows IT Center

1. Open PowerShell.

2. Enter the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter to see details about all available added VPN connections. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Get-VpnConnection

Note Make note of the Name (ex: "MPN") of the disconnected VPN you want to remove.

3. Enter the command below into the PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Remove-VpnConnection -Name "Name -Force"

Note Substitute Name in the command above with the actual name of the disconnected VPN (ex: "MPN") you want to remove.

For example: Remove-VpnConnection -Name "MPN -Force"

4. When completed successfully, you can close the PowerShell if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 26, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 :D

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Oct 26, 2019
  5. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 (built-in) VPN ect

Hi John,

You can create or set up a VPN from your computer's Control Panel or from the
    Settings. Before you start creating one, you need to have the following:

• VPN server name or address
    • VPN protocol
    • Username and password to connect to the VPN server
    To set up the VPN connection on your Windows 10, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and in the Start menu, click on Settings.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Select on VPN in the left pane to see the related settings.
    • Click on the ‘+’ icon that says Add a VPN connection.
    • Now provide the information needed in creating a VPN.

a. VPN Provider, choose Windows Default

b.Connection name

c. Server name or address

d.VPN type
      (use PPTP since it is most commonly used protocols for
      VPNs)
    • Once done, click Save.
    After you're done creating the VPN, you will see three options on the VPN window.
    Connect(lets you connect to the VPN), Advanced Options(takes you to a windows where you can configure proxy) and
    Remove(will let you remove the VPN connection).

For more information you can also refer through TechNet by clicking this
    link.

Keep us updated so that we can further assist you.

AndreePin, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

1. Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove VPN Connection

2. Can't Remove A VPN From Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove A VPN From Network Connections: I was trying to open google to be able to be on 2 accounts on a website at once, but it would work. When i opened it, it would close right away. I found a website that showed how to make it work. I enabled chrome and google on the firewall thing but it still wouldn't work. So...
  3. Can't Remove A VPN From Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove A VPN From Network Connections: I was trying to open google to be able to be on 2 accounts on a website at once, but it would work. When i opened it, it would close right away. I found a website that showed how to make it work. I enabled chrome and google on the firewall thing but it still wouldn't work. So...
  4. Can't Remove A VPN From Network Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Amongst various VPN connection problems and issues you may encounter on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC could be the general error message Can’t connect to VPN connection with the full error message as follows: VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection, A...
  6. How to Remove a VPN using Network Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Remove a VPN using Network Connections in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A VPN connection is a great mechanism that provides you online privacy and helps […] This article How to Remove a VPN using Network Connections in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't remove the vpn connection on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove the vpn connection on Windows 10: When I try to remove the vpn connection it says you can't remove connection while it is connected or busy. Please disconnect or cancel the connection and try again. I have tried everything but didn't work....
  8. Remove VPN connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove VPN connection: I recently installed VPN for my work on my personal computer and I would like to remove it as I have a company laptop. How would you remove all of that now? I don't need remote access anymore....
  9. Exporting a VPN connection windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting a VPN connection windows 10: I would advise waiting for your VPN provider to update their VPN service for Windows 10 1803.
  10. Connect to VPN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to VPN in Windows 10: How to: Connect to VPN in Windows 10 How to Connect to a VPN in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help provide a more secure connection to...