Windows 10: Remove Admin user and replace with another person

Discus and support Remove Admin user and replace with another person in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I installed Win10 on a new Dell laptop (not all Dells are shipping with 10 installed) for a friend and made the wrong person the administrator. His... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BobMaine, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BobMaine Win User

Remove Admin user and replace with another person

I installed Win10 on a new Dell laptop (not all Dells are shipping with 10 installed) for a friend and made the wrong person the administrator. His wife is not happy. *Sad
    How to I remove him completely as the admin and make her the administrator and only user?

Thanks in advance.
    Bob

:)

BobMaine, Aug 22, 2015
  2. garybear89, Aug 22, 2015
  3. how to remove the admin user and replace myself as admin user of a new desktop computer running Windows 10

I just bought a new desktop computer HP, running Windows 10, and someone helped me to set up this computer because I'm afraid of making mistakes during set up. This person used himself admin user profile. Because myself is owner and I want to be admin
    user. Please help me how to remove the admin user of that person. Thanks

Phong Tran, Aug 22, 2015
  4. ossie Win User

Not hard create Wife as administrator. Log on as Wife you created and then go to user accounts in control panel and delete user you no longer want!

ossie, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Remove Admin user and replace with another person - Similar Threads - Remove Admin user

2. How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?: Hello everyone,When I am saving a Word document as 'save as' I see more than one OneDrive personal user account which I don't need. How do I remove the additional OneDrive personal user account? I have Windows 11 installed on a pc and I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365. Your...
  3. How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?: Hello everyone,When I am saving a Word document as 'save as' I see more than one OneDrive personal user account which I don't need. How do I remove the additional OneDrive personal user account? I have Windows 11 installed on a pc and I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365. Your...
  4. Switch Admin User to Another Account and Keep Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Admin User to Another Account and Keep Settings: I built and set up my wife's computer. I used my account to set it up and create everything. It is her work computer and her entire business is on the computer. We are now getting a divorce and she wants it to be under her account and her information, but she doesn't want to...
  5. Switch Admin User to Another Account and Keep Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Admin User to Another Account and Keep Settings: I built and set up my wife's computer. I used my account to set it up and create everything. It is her work computer and her entire business is on the computer. We are now getting a divorce and she wants it to be under her account and her information, but she doesn't want to...
  6. Switch Admin User to Another Account and Keep Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. User with admin removed work school account only account is a personal 365 home account no...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User with admin removed work school account only account is a personal 365 home account no...: I have an HP pavilion that was loaded win 10 pro 64-bit and added to a work school domain with a few user accounts created /added to the laptop. It was also added to a Microsoft home account with non-admin privilege. Was that way for a cpl years. A user for work school...
  8. removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    removing personal info by deleting myself as user........: ok so i'm seliing my laptop and want all my personal files off of it. i followed the steps for creating another user account so i could go in and delete myself, and the option of "delete all of ________ files? comes up which im supposed to say yes. BUT...if i do this, will i...
  9. Removing the primary User and adding another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the primary User and adding another: I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as the primary User. I cannot just do a rename, for that does not work. How do I do this properly?...
  10. Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop: Merry Christmas, I bought a new laptop as a gift for my dad. Initially I used my MS login info to get the computer ready. My father doesnt have the computer knowledge to do so. Now I need to remove my login data and replace it with his. Can anyone please help me figure...