Windows 10: Remove all Favorites Bar entries in EDGE

Discus and support Remove all Favorites Bar entries in EDGE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use my Favorites Bar in IE11 to hold a boatload full of links. I think it is easier to click on the >> and go to a new link than clicking on the Star... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caveman88, Aug 31, 2015.

1. caveman88 Win User

Remove all Favorites Bar entries in EDGE

I use my Favorites Bar in IE11 to hold a boatload full of links. I think it is easier to click on the >> and go to a new link than clicking on the Star to go to a new link.

I decided to use the Favorites bar in EDGE but I forgot that you cannot reorder the entries to put what I consider my most used favorites at the front of the Favorites bar. So I thought I would delete the Favorites Bar folder from my Favorites and create a new one from scratch with my most used favorites. I followed the links to get to the Favorites but the Favorites Bar folder is not there! Does anyone know where it went? Can I delete it if I find it or at least delete all but the entries I want? Or if those options are not available, does anyone have any idea how I can delete all of the entries in my Favorites bar without having to do them one at a time?

Thanks,
    Z

:)

caveman88, Aug 31, 2015
  2. SDW1031 Win User

Favorites Bar

I ran across this post as I am trying to find out how to delete specific links from my Edge Favorites Bar.

While the first poster did not reply to your response it does not seem to answer the question of deleting items from the Favorites Bar. Your reply simply turns off the whole Favorites Bar when the specific question was "How do you delete items from the favorites
    bar in the new WIndows 10?"

I have had the same issue as the first poster. I cannot delete a specific single site from my Favorites Bar.

While I can right click on the icon/link in the Hub-Favorites Bar folder or even on the Bar itself, when I click Remove nothing happens at all.

As a note, I CAN delete any other Favorites I have on Edge, I just CANNOT Remove (delete) any of the ones in my Favorites Bar.

When I go to C: drive Users Favorites - Favorites Bar folder what shows are the IE11 favorites not my Edge favorites (and Favorites Bar) which have changed in the 5 weeks or so that I have had Win10.

I am also interested to know why in your response above, if someone just wanted to not show the Favorites Bar, you must turn it off in both Edge and IE11. Are Edge and IE11 intimately linked together? (Note: I have been able to delete the link from my Favorites
    Bar on IE11 just not from Edge.)

SDW1031, Aug 31, 2015
  3. How to delete items from Favorites Bar in IE11

Hello Everyone: How do I delete an item from the Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer 11 (on Windows 10)? Here is what I have tried so far:

• Right click on the entry in the Favorites Bar and select Delete.
    • From the View Favorites display, right click on the item and select
      Delete
    • In File Explorer, Users => UserName => Favorites = Favorites Bar, select entry and
      Delete.
    In all these cases, the entry is removed, then reappears in Internet Explorer at the next start up.

What am I missing?

Thanks. . .

EzekielBarbirolli, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Z, *Smile

The favorites bar links for Microsoft Edge are stored in the Links folder below. Deleting everything in this folder will remove all of them.

Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites\Links[/quote] https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  5. caveman88 Win User
    Thanks. I found it. I copied all of the individual entries to a folder called Old and deleted all of the individual entries from Links and left the folders. I copied and pasted the entries I wanted from OLD to Links and when I restarted EDGE, the folders were at the top but there were none of my individual entries. I deleted everything and did copy and paste of the links into the address bar and accessed each link and added them to the Favorite bar and rearranged them the way I wanted and they are now what I want.

It would have been a lot simpler if I could have just dragged them from the Links folder to the top of the page and reordered them like we did in IE11.

Thanks for the help.

Z

caveman88, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Unfortunately In Microsoft Edge, the only way to import favorites and the favorites bar is through Internet Explorer. If you try to add the links in the Microsoft Edge "Links" folder above, they won't import as you already found out.

Next time, you could use the method below to import them all at once from IE to Microsoft Edge to make it easier though. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  7. caveman88 Win User
    That is what I originally did (and do) for all browsers. The problem is that EDGE does not allow us to manipulate the entries on the Favorites bar on any entries not on the favorites bar itself. For example, currently I have 15 entries on the favorites bar in EDGE in the order I want them. If I had more than 15 entries and the one I wanted on the favorites bar was under the down arrow/carat, I cannot move it up to the top line.

If that function worked, I would not had to delete all my entries in the Links to create my new Favorites bar. This is not the first complaint about this. I see them in the Feedback pool.

I am not sure I call this problem solved. I prefer to call it a circumvention. You might have made EDGE sleek, but you also made it unusable for simple maintenance processes. As long as IE11 is supported I will be using that until you make EDGE a more manageable product.

In the meantime, I will use EDGE as a second browser just to see how it works so I can help my neighbors to get up and running.

Z

caveman88, Aug 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  9. caveman88 Win User
    I sent the Feedback. Now I have another question on Favorites. Assuming that Microsoft fixes the problem with being able to drag entries from the right hand side to the top, is there a way that I can import just the Favorites Bar from IE11 to EDGE to get back all of the entries I had to delete? That used to be possible under IE11 but I do not see an Import/Export option in EDGE. If not, can I import all of my Favorites from IE11 without it creating duplicates of what is there? Or do I have to delete all of my Favorites in EDGE, including Links and then import the IE11 favorites?

Thanks.

caveman88, Sep 1, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The only way that I know of is to copy your %UserProfile%\Favorites folder to say your desktop as a backup. Afterwards, delete everything in your %UserProfile%\Favorites folder except the Favorites Bar folder, then use import using the tutorial below. This way you're only importing your IE11 Favorites Bar.

When finished, you would just copy the contents of the backup folder on your desktop to the %UserProfile%\Favorites folder to restore your IE11 Favorites.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 2, 2015
  11. caveman88 Win User
    Thanks. I will save this for when MS provides a fix for the Favorites Bar.

caveman88, Sep 2, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Sep 2, 2015
  13. caveman88 Win User

I was playing around with the Favorites bar folder today and found out that I can move the entries in the favorites bar up and down when I click on Favorites bar in the bookmark (hamburger) folder. I moved the ones I want to the top of the list and they are now showing on the Favorites bar.

Later on, I will try your procedure for restoring the Favorites bar data that I deleted on my other PC.

Happiness abounds.

Z

caveman88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove all Favorites Bar entries in EDGE - Similar Threads - Remove Favorites Bar

2. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  3. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  4. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  5. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  6. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  7. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  8. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete favorites bar entries

2. delete favorite bar entries

3. how to delete all favorites bar in edge

4. how to delete entries in favorites,
  5. delete a favorite entry,
  6. how to delete all favorites internet explorer,
  7. how to erase favorite entrires,
  8. delete favorites bar from edge,
  9. deleteing all favorites at once,
  10. edge how to delete all favorites