Windows 10: Remove all modern metro apps

Discus and support Remove all modern metro apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by omidsolo, Aug 31, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Remove all modern metro apps

Howdy,
    I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using:

Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.Office.OneNote_17.6027.10071.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

So, is there a single command to remove all metro apps at once?
    Cheers.

:)

omidsolo, Aug 31, 2015
  2. cyborg5 Win User

Windows 10 continually suggests Using Edge instead of IE

Is this free Outlook a desktop app or a modern "Metro" style app? I never use the modern apps unless I absolutely have to and so far I've never had to except for some system settings.

cyborg5, Aug 31, 2015
  3. huddie71 Win User
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Remote Desktop App

Anybody know the answer to this ? Got any links for the Modern / Metro / Universal Remote Desktop app shortcut keys ?

huddie71, Aug 31, 2015
  4. sam600sx Win User

sam600sx, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove all modern metro apps - Similar Threads - Remove modern metro

2. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  3. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  4. All metro apps crash.

All metro apps crash.: This is a problem I have been having for a few days now. Upon launching any metro app, it crashes. Attached is a picture with the diagnosis of the problem. Any way to fix that?? [img] Thank for any help!!! 4922
  5. Adding and remove metro apps from start

Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719
  6. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  7. Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified.

Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified.: Looking for a way to use powershell to remove every modern/metro app except those specified in a list. I assume you'd have to use get-appxpackage to list all apps installed, then select ones that aren't in the list. (the list would just include what's included by Windows by...
  8. Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10: I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now. Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything- takes ages to open or do anything that accesses the web. In some cases, Mail takes longer to open than Adobe Premiere Pro...
  9. storage location for modern/metro apps

storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  10. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps: When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company stopped referring to them as 'Metro' apps and went with 'Modern' apps instead. The Modern app name has slowly transitioned...