Windows 10: Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list

Discus and support Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed I still have an entry for an already deleted app in the list of applications found under notification settings as seen below and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, May 13, 2017.

1. Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list

I noticed I still have an entry for an already deleted app in the list of applications found under notification settings as seen below and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I've searched both my file system as well as the registry to no avail.

Anyone knows where these entries are stored?

Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list [​IMG]

:)

WebMaximus, May 13, 2017

2. How to remove multiple notifications in the settings?

Yes, I only get this multiple notifications for that app only.

There is no option for me to delete those notifications in the settings. Even If I have a clean boot, once I start the application, it still add an additional notification in that list. Is there anyway to delete or remove those list of notifications?

SquadZLeader, May 13, 2017
  3. SPORTS APP - Not getting Notifications on Windows 10

Yes me too! Only with my FB app which was already installed when I upgraded to W10. wont load and was removed from my Notification List, I miss getting my messages via notifications, I did all the steps suggested but still nothing

CookieRamirez, May 13, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list

sml156, May 13, 2017
  5. It was a long time ago I uninstalled this app so the computer has been rebooted many times since.

I don't fancy CCleaner that much because I've used it in the past where it removed a bit too much as I recall it.

Also when the search in Regedit doesn't find a single entry for Input Director I doubt CCleaner would find any.

Really odd where this list is stored.

WebMaximus, May 13, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Although not recommended by many forums, I have used a registry editor to locate and delete pesky hold-overs. Before I used my Replendence's Registrar Registry Manager, I first made sure I had current reliable restorable full images of my OS and Data partitions. I have also used before editing tweaking.com's Registry Backup.

RolandJS, May 13, 2017
  7. Many thanks for the tip on using different tools but what I was really hoping for was someone knowing where the list is stored so I can get rid of the entry manually in a controlled way.

Otherwise I'll just let it sit there since it doesn't do any harm. Just feels a bit annoying now that I spotted it and can't get rid of it.

WebMaximus, May 13, 2017
  8. RolandJS Win User

I'm a Windows 7 user, and I have never found that list.

RolandJS, May 13, 2017
  9. Well, I'm not sure if that list even exists in Windows 7. I'm on Windows 10 and these are the Windows 10 forums so...*Smile

WebMaximus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list - Similar Threads - Remove already deleted

2. How to remove apps from app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove apps from app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11: I cant remove some apps from the start menu app list. The apps are already uninstalled and this bug isn't happening on other users on my laptop. The issue started when I ran "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. How to remove apps from app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove apps from app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11: I cant remove some apps from the start menu app list. The apps are already uninstalled and this bug isn't happening on other users on my laptop. The issue started when I ran "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list

Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list: Hello. Last night I somehow stumbled upon a website not by choice that appeared to have a bunch of Norton anti-virus messages even though I don't have that software installed on my Windows 11 laptop. A lot of notifications were popping up in the bottom right corner of my...
  5. Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list: Hello. Last night I somehow stumbled upon a website not by choice that appeared to have a bunch of Norton anti-virus messages even though I don't have that software installed on my Windows 11 laptop. A lot of notifications were popping up in the bottom right corner of my...
  6. Removing an Outlook account that is already deleted from windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing an Outlook account that is already deleted from windows: My old outlook account, that I use as the address for my windows profile on my laptop is making some issues with logging in to services and stuff. I've added a new outlook account to the profile, but the original one is still the main one. I cant access it to delete it,...
  7. Removing an Outlook account that is already deleted from windows

Removing an Outlook account that is already deleted from windows: My old outlook account, that I use as the address for my windows profile on my laptop is making some issues with logging in to services and stuff. I've added a new outlook account to the profile, but the original one is still the main one. I cant access it to delete it,...
  8. Removing app/sender in notifications & actions window listed under the Get notifications...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing app/sender in notifications & actions window listed under the Get notifications...: How do I remove "not disable" an sender/app from the notifications & actions window Listed under "Get notifications from these senders" I could not find where the app/sender is in the programs and features or the program files or (x84) The app managed to get stuck...
  9. Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications: I have the following in Notifications [img] I have uninstalled Screenshot Captor, I have run CCleaner over the Registry, I removed all traces of Screenshot Captor from the registry and I've rebooted - yet the Notification list still has those nine entries in for...
  10. Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs: Hey guys, Would anyone know how to remove notification icon listings from the control panel for uninstalled programs? I uninstalled iCloud for Windows but the service is still showing up in my notification icon list [img] 66024

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list