Windows 10: remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

Discus and support remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to fix these errors? [img] This happens for any provisioned package I attempt to remove (as listed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by claytoncarney, Aug 28, 2015.

1. remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

Does anyone know how to fix these errors?

remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error [​IMG]

This happens for any provisioned package I attempt to remove (as listed by Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online).

:)

claytoncarney, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Cybot Win User

unable to install kb3081704 - windows 10 x64 build 10240

I tried following instructions for reinstalling the windows 10 DVD player, but the same unspecified error keeps occurring.

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath c:\temp2\InstallDVDAp ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error :)) [Add-AppxProvisionedPackage], COMException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddAppxProvisionedPackageCommand

I also tried doing a system restore back to before the last successful update.

Cybot, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Larry L Win User
    Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) - Error 0x80070643

I get an error (I'm using the X86 package as I am on a 32-bit system):

PS C:\TEMP> Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath c:\temp2\InstallDVDA

ppxPackage\cd0c0ffe0ee94518833e70b1e931fcff.appxbundle -LicensePath c:\temp2\Ins

tallDVDAppxPackage\cd0c0ffe0ee94518833e70b1e931fcff_License1.xml

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath c:\temp2\InstallDVDAp ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error :)) [Add-AppxProvisionedPackage],

COMException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddAppxProvisionedPackag

eCommand

Larry L, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Actually, Option Three of that tutorial was my introduction to Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In your screenshot, you have an error in the command. You shouldn't have the gray -package included in the command.

Instead, it should be this below substituting the part in red with the Finance app name instead.

remove-AppxProvisionedPackage PackageFullName

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  7. remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error [​IMG]

Get-Help indicates that PackageName is not a positional parameter (that would be [-PackageName] <String>). It can be piped though. Actually, this cmdlet has no positional parameters.

8. remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

Very odd. Structured this way, the command works:

Code: PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*BingFinance*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online Path : Online : True RestartNeeded : False[/quote]

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting. I'll have to do some more testing.

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error

1. remove-AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified Error - Similar Threads - remove AppxProvisionedPackage Unspecified

2. "An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 1271." and "An unspecified error occurred...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 1271." and "An unspecified error occurred...: Hello everyone. how do I fix cmd error "An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 1271." and "An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 17b4." Thanks in advance.I was trying to repair a USB drive G. i cant seem to find a relevant fix for the error code. and keeps on...
  3. Can't remove OneDrive with on Windows 11 with Get-AppXProvisionedPackage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove OneDrive with on Windows 11 with Get-AppXProvisionedPackage: I am cleaning up some of my conference room PC's so they no longer add bloatware to each user, however when I try to remove OneDrive it wont let me. I cant even find it in my list of Get-AppXProvisionedPackage. Its still installing with each new user. This is the list I get...
  4. Can't remove OneDrive with on Windows 11 with Get-AppXProvisionedPackage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove OneDrive with on Windows 11 with Get-AppXProvisionedPackage: I am cleaning up some of my conference room PC's so they no longer add bloatware to each user, however when I try to remove OneDrive it wont let me. I cant even find it in my list of Get-AppXProvisionedPackage. Its still installing with each new user. This is the list I get...
  5. 0x80004005:unspecified error.

0x80004005:unspecified error.: I want to copy a file from DVD to my computer.But when i copy it it shows 0x80004005:unspecified error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80004005unspecified-error/93931552-5103-421b-aa6e-ee5a2a272b29
  6. An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 532. An unspecified error occurred...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 532. An unspecified error occurred...: computer started getting laggy and generally failing. at this point I generally decide it time for a fresh wipe. so I turn off my pc pull out my 2nd drive with all im info on it. then procced to format my m.2 drive. had a lot of trouble with it. boot looping. but eventually...
  7. An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 532. An unspecified error occurred...

An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 532. An unspecified error occurred...: computer started getting laggy and generally failing. at this point I generally decide it time for a fresh wipe. so I turn off my pc pull out my 2nd drive with all im info on it. then procced to format my m.2 drive. had a lot of trouble with it. boot looping. but eventually...
  8. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...
  9. AppxPackages AND AppxProvisionedPackages.

AppxPackages AND AppxProvisionedPackages.: Good afternoon. Question 1: I have written a PowerShell script to remove AppxPackages AND AppxProvisionedPackages. However, the following do NOT get removed [even run as the Built-In Administrator] . . ....
  10. Remove unspecified device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove unspecified device: How can I remove an unspecified device in printers and devices. The unspecified device was a result of a failed attempt to add a printer. It won't allow me to uninstall it, I did remove an error in the device manager but that didn't do anything. Right clicking has no effect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove-appxprovisionedpackage unspecified error

2. Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error

3. remove-appxprovisionedpackage unspecified error comexception

4. Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage hangs,
  5. remove-appxprovisionedpackage allusers,
  6. Add-AppXProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error,
  7. unspecified error remove-appxprovisionedpackage,
  8. remove appxprovisionedpackage unspecified error,
  9. Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddAppxProvisionedPackageCommand,
  10. Add-AppxProvisionedPackage stuck,
  11. NotSpecified: (:) [Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage] COMException,
  12. remove-appx provisioned packagecommand error,
  13. removing appxprovisioningpackage microsoft.bingweather_4.22.3254.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe failed: unspecified error,
  14. mdivergent.exe,
  15. add-appxprovisionedpackage : unspecified error comexception