Windows 10: Remove built in administrator media device

Discus and support Remove built in administrator media device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An IT person activiated my built in administrator account to do something and then deactivated it. Now the windows media device for the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aristidis, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Aristidis Win User

Remove built in administrator media device

An IT person activiated my built in administrator account to do something and then deactivated it. Now the windows media device for the administrator account shows up on my network (including smart TV) and i cannot remove it. Any ideas on how to remove the built in administrator media device

:)

Aristidis, Nov 19, 2015

2. Remove Built in Adminstrator Media device from network

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the update.

The issue might also arise due to the firewall intervention from the security software installed in the system. I would suggest you to disable any third party security software (preferably uninstall it temporarily) installed in the system and then
    try removing the built in administrator using the following steps:

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

c. Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Let us know the results.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Remove Built in Adminstrator Media device from network

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question to understand the situation better,

1. What indicates that the administrator account displayed on media devices is the same account which IT technician had enabled?

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Reply us if you have any further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Remove built in administrator media device

1. Remove built in administrator media device - Similar Threads - Remove built administrator

2. How do i remove the built in administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove the built in administrator account: Hi this built in administrator account really annoys me so i want to remove it how do i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-built-in-administrator-account/1b38b9c0-417e-4145-bdee-55b857172bb3
  3. How to remove the in-built administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the in-built administrator account.: The account keeps causing problems like preventing me from switching security settings, and cannot do anything that needs administrive permissions. I need the fix ASAP it fixed but after a restart the same problem occured....
  4. Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s

Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s: Hi - I am trying to configure some settings on my new laptop e.g. microphone set-up, but I keep getting a pop up stating I do not have administrator rights even though it is my device and I set it up. Having searched the internet I am none the wiser as I cannot do a Command...
  5. Built-in administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built-in administrator: Hi microsoft team , Recently an update failed to install on my hp laptop which has windows 10 home edition and now whenever I open any app it just shows THIS APP CAN"T OPEN Microsoft edge can't be opened using the built in administrator account Please help me with this...
  6. Built-In Administrator not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Administrator not working: I was trying to change my Window's account user name and the folder's name in C:\users\ and one of the steps was to create a built-in administrator, which I did and it worked perfectly. net user Administrator /active:yes I then de-activated it. and when i tried to activate...
  7. Built-In Administrator not working

Built-In Administrator not working: I was trying to change my Window's account user name and the folder's name in C:\users\ and one of the steps was to create a built-in administrator, which I did and it worked perfectly. net user Administrator /active:yes I then de-activated it. and when i tried to activate...
  8. UAC / Built-in administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC / Built-in administrator: Hi, (1) when I try to uninstall a program using control panel, UAC show 'to continue, enter an admin user name and password'. Where can I input the user name and password? (2) My login account is user. It seems that there is no active account with administrative privileges....
  9. Built in Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Administrator: Help running Windows 10, and I am stuck in the Built in Administrator log-in. It started when I was tring to disable the log-in password for my account in Windows. I can not log-in to my user's account and do not see my profile. I have went the Users Account page in the...
  10. Remove Media Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Media Devices: Our desktop used to be our only PC. Everyone had an account and logged in to use it. We now all have our own notebooks. I removed all the accounts on the PC but the main admin. We have upgraded to Windows 10. I notice under windows explorer/network there are still old media...