Windows 10: Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog

Discus and support Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got an error at the moment that whenever I try and use the file dialog (e.g. save a new file, open a file, attach file to email etc), whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by denno020, Apr 27, 2017.

1. denno020 Win User

Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog

I've got an error at the moment that whenever I try and use the file dialog (e.g. save a new file, open a file, attach file to email etc), whatever application I'm using will crash.
    This seems to have started ever since the Windows 10 Creator Update installed itself on my computer the other day.

I'm trying to figure out what is causing the crash, and I've noticed that in the File Dialog (that works perfectly fine in Microsoft Edge) there are now Camera and Photos options.

Here is a screenshot:

Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog [​IMG]

How can I disable them? They're not of much use to me being on a desktop, so I want to disable them as a first try to see if they're causing other applications to crash.

Thanks,
    Denno

:)

denno020, Apr 27, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 27, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog :)

musum, Apr 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You can uninstall them if you wish - see Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

(Do have a look at the extensive Tutorial section - it contains a great deal of very practical and professional quality information)

Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Tutorials

Do you see Photos and Camera in traditional desktop programs' 'Save as' boxes too?

In general, though, it's not worth bothering to uninstall universal apps you don't need or use (I don't use them either).

Interestingly a change with the Creator's upgrade is that it doesn't reinstate previously uninstalled apps for hte first time.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2017
  5. denno020 Win User
    Thankyou very much for the reply!

I didn't even know they were apps, they seemingly only turned up after the Windows 10 Creators Update, so I just thought it was something to do with that.

Anyway, I've uninstalled them now and they no longer appear in the File Open/Close dialog, so thank you for that.

Unfortunately it hasn't solved my problem though, so I will have to continue trying to debug! *Eek*Think

denno020, Apr 27, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    You could have a look at your event log, or reliability history 'Reli' in Cortana search to perhaps learn more.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog - Similar Threads - Remove Camera Photos

2. Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock: Totally disoriented and missing the vertical taskbar, but especially missing the left hand side clock. Disappointed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disoriented-without-the-vertical-taskbar-and-left/c611fda8-014d-489f-8b71-f8d306231840
  3. Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disoriented without the vertical taskbar and left hand side clock: Totally disoriented and missing the vertical taskbar, but especially missing the left hand side clock. Disappointed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disoriented-without-the-vertical-taskbar-and-left/c611fda8-014d-489f-8b71-f8d306231840
  4. Preview Pan on the left hand side.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pan on the left hand side.: Hello Microsoft Team,Is it any way we can see a preview pan on the left-hand side?I like to swap the Navigator and preview pan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pan-on-the-left-hand-side/05b9ea0f-0179-471c-8ef6-4400938073fe
  5. Preview Pan on the left hand side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pan on the left hand side.: Hello Microsoft Team,Is it any way we can see a preview pan on the left-hand side?I like to swap the Navigator and preview pan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pan-on-the-left-hand-side/05b9ea0f-0179-471c-8ef6-4400938073fe
  6. Preview Pan on the left hand side.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File browser has no left hand side menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File browser has no left hand side menu: I cant access any of my files, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-browser-has-no-left-hand-side-menu/1dde27a2-252a-48e2-afb0-ab81d2f01a2d
  8. Always Dialog opens on left side from Right Click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Always Dialog opens on left side from Right Click menu: Hello Guys, I am Pranav Dave and I am teacher teaching Physics. Curious and interested in technology. I am posting my Query here. When I right click on desktop (even at other places to) the select any option from it and what I always see that dialog open always on left...
  9. On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

in Windows 10 Support
    On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?: [img] How do I remove the hard drive "storage" line in this list on file explorer? It is not a quick access. I right click on it and it there's no option to remove it from the list. 138905
  10. Left-hand side start menu true customisation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-hand side start menu true customisation?: Hey guys, back in the good old days of W7, you could pin an application to the start menu and it would appear on the left hand side and it would also offer a list of recently opened things within that application as a right arrow for ease of selection. For example,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera and photos to file dialog