Windows 10: Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

Discus and support Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RIPsumCT, Jul 28, 2015.

1. RIPsumCT Win User

Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

Hello,

I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item.
    Is there a way to remove it (for folders and files)?

rgds

:)

RIPsumCT, Jul 28, 2015
  2. dg2218 Win User

Cast to context menu for pictures

Cast to from Edge & Throw to from Sony Media Go is ok . The right click menu on jpegs is missing "Cast To". Windows 10 with all the updates & no other issues.

dg2218, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Media Centre extender with X-Box 360 not suported on the Windows 10 upgrade

on Windows 10 i can right click on any video file, choose "cast to device" then "xbox 360". it allows you to stream on xbox from your Windows 10 device

PaulMurphy101, Jul 28, 2015
  4. mannik77 Win User

Hello!

Same problem here. Seemingly no solution yet to this on the entire internet ...

... until now:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked] "{7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7}"="Play To menu"[/quote] Spent quite some hours engineering this, so I hope some people find it useful!

mannik77, Jul 31, 2015
  5. RIPsumCT Win User
    Thanks a lot! *Smile Works like a charm!

RIPsumCT, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Drewskeeh Win User
    Spent quite some hours engineering this, so I hope some people find it useful![/quote] Hate to bump, but how do I enter this? Haven't done much with regedit, and making a new key and string with these values didn't help

Drewskeeh, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Copy paste into Notepad > give it a name such as RemoveCast.reg > save as all files

Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu [​IMG]

To activate go to default save place(usually Documents) > find it > double click it > give permission

That's it*Smile

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

This reg key doesn't work for me. This context menu entry reappears very quickly.

Solution: use ShellExView and disable the "Play To menu" entry.

AmigaRoots, Oct 18, 2015
  9. RANA Win User
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>CLSID>DELETE KEY{7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7}

RANA, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu - Similar Threads - Remove Cast Device

2. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  3. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  4. REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU: Hi , Even I had deleted x64dbg till then its icon is [ATTACH]coming in context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-right-click-context-menu/7ff3a9f5-bef2-400e-8be0-15f0e92573f1
  5. Remove right click menu entry

Remove right click menu entry: Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on the desktop. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] Now, I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it,...
  6. instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu: Hi. New W10 and Reflect 7 free user. Since installation I have been searching for ways to remove the Macrium Reflect context entry. There is no such setting in the program which made me contact support who gave the following instruction: From elevated command prompt type...
  7. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  8. Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu

Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu: In TH2 it was possible to remove that button with a reg entry which stopped working in RS1 but it's possible to do by modifying a file and below is how it can be done and can also remove "Show Windows Ink Workspace" and "Show touch keyboard button". Make sure to take a system...
  9. Cast to Device right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to Device right click menu: Is there a way to remove and item from the Cast to Device menu? There are two things that I dont use, one is an option to cast to my TV which doesn't work but it uses the same icon as the option that does work. This causes problems because I have to guess what to click. If...
  10. How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?: Hi Guys, Despite a bit of careful Googling I can't seem to find a simple answer to this: How do I remove items form the right-click menu in Explorer? For example (see the attached pic) I want to remove items like "Compressed Folder" and "Contact" [img]...