Windows 10: Remove child from Windows family account

Discus and support Remove child from Windows family account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get a message that "You'll need to remove consent first". Then I have to select manage my child's profile, then select remove consent from this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sodler, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sodler Win User

Remove child from Windows family account

I get a message that "You'll need to remove consent first". Then I have to select manage my child's profile, then select remove consent from this child's account. When I do the above I get the following screen information:

Manage permissions
    In the United States, South Korea and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage the child accounts for which you provided consent. Learn more.

Use these settings to manage your child's account.

For more ways to monitor your child's PC and online activities, view your family settings.

If I click on the link above "view your family settings". It takes me back to the family page again. Like it is stuck in a loop. It doesn't give me a link to remove the consent on my child's account.

Any assistance is appreciated.

:)

Sodler, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 4, 2018
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Remove child from Windows family account

Not to Accept Invitation from a Child Account

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me try to help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to remove the child account from family safety and add it again. Follow the below steps to remove the child account.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

• To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

• Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Once you remove the account, try to add the account again and check it helps.

Manage Your Microsoft Account in One Place

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove child from Windows family account

1. Remove child from Windows family account - Similar Threads - Remove child family

2. Remove child from stranger's family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove child from stranger's family account: How can I remove my child from a stranger's family account? I wanted to add him to my family group but he was already added to some unknown group. There is no option to leave the group when logged into his account....
  3. Remove child from stranger's family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove child from stranger's family account: How can I remove my child from a stranger's family account? I wanted to add him to my family group but he was already added to some unknown group. There is no option to leave the group when logged into his account....
  4. Remove child from stranger's family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to remove child account from Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  6. Cannot remove child from family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child from family account.: I have a child under my account that no longer lives with us foster care situation and have no means to contact them or wherever they was moved to. Microsoft support chat was no help after an hour of going back and forth. When I click the three dots and attempt to remove them...
  7. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  8. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  9. Cannot remove child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...
  10. Cannot remove child from family account

Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage my child’s profile info

2. remove a child account from family

3. remove child from microsoft account

4. manage my childs profile info microsoft,
  5. remove consent from child account,
  6. microsoft family features,
  7. manage my childs profile info,
  8. select manage my child’s profile info find your child then select remove consent for this child’s account. then try removing this member again.,
  9. family.microsoft.com log in,
  10. how to remove child from microsoft account,
  11. how to leave a microsoft family group,
  12. remove consent for this childs account,
  13. remove child from microsoft family,
  14. Microsoft family remove consent,
  15. how to make my xbox account an adult account