Windows 10: Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" from Power Options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10

How to: Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" from Power Options in Windows 10

The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level.

The Critical battery notification setting in Critical battery level.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Critical battery notification setting under Battery in Power Options for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Critical battery notification" in Power Options

Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_BATTERY 5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_BATTERY 5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f\5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Critical battery notification" to Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Critical_battery_notification_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Critical battery notification" from Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Critical_battery_notification_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 24, 2017

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Deactivate low battery notification

Hi,

Windows 10 may have detected your old battery, the reason why your computer kept of notifying you about the battery life. To help you disable this notification, we suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

(Note: Make sure to unplug your laptop from the power source first before performing the steps below.)

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver and turn off the slider.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10

Critical Battery Notification Gone in Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.11

Hi Engelsen,

Following the reinstalling and configuration of Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.969 yesterday, I have this morning, performed the following
    steps;

• Performed a Clean Boot of Windows 10
    • Opened the Command Prompt as an Administrator
    • Ran the DISM command that you highlighted
    • Ran the SFC /scannow command
    • Ran Windows Update
    • Switched of the Clean Boot and booted back in a normal Windows 10 boot
    The above all completed fine and reported no errors or anything to fix.

Following running the above, I have had a look what is available within the 'Power Options' dialog box for the 'Balanced' power plan. The
    following screenshot shows what I have now;

Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10 44e541d8-1b16-4e0a-908c-34e5fc7d922b.jpg

As you'll see from the above screenshot, I only have a 'Low Battery Notification'.

Would you be able to advise on how I get the 'Low' or 'Critical' battery notification?

Many thanks in advance,

Neil

Neil Hobbs, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Jelu Cal Win User
    Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Oct 27, 2019
  6. battery notifications

Hello Cleta, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Be advised that the Battery Notifications are disabled in Windows 10 v. 1809. You can only see the percentage of the battery in the taskbar when you click on the Battery icon.

I recommend that you try a few troubleshooting methods.

Try adding the battery icon to the taskbar in Windows 10. Follow the steps from this support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402734...

Try Power troubleshooter. Follow the steps, please:

Settings - Update and Security - Troubleshoot - run the Power troubleshooter

Try enabling battery notification. Follow the steps, please:

Start Menu - type Control Panel - Enter

Find and click on Hardware and Sound - Power Options

Next to the active power plan click on Change Plan Settings

Press Change Advanced Power Settings - press the plus sign [+] of the Battery option.

Now you can set the battery notifications. Press Apply and OK

Best regards,

Alexander B.

« If this response has helped you, please feel free to rate it. Thank you! »

Alexander Bertnikov, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10

1. Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Critical battery

2. No battery power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    No battery power options: No battery power options available. On a side note, my battery does not last long. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-battery-power-options/434b3519-489b-4616-be56-d3eea5e145b4
  3. Power options gone from battery icon - Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power options gone from battery icon - Laptop: [ATTACH] Hi guys, Recently my power options have disappeared from my battery icon. I am talking about the slider that is usually there that gives the user the ability to quickly choose between power saver, balanced, and high performance. I still have access to these...
  4. Add or Remove Reserve battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Reserve battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Reserve battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Reserve battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  5. Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Critical battery action" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical...
  6. Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Critical battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  7. Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery action" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  8. Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery notification" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical...
  9. Add or Remove Low battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Low battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Low battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level. The...
  10. Critical Battery Notification Gone in Windows 10 Version 1703?

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Battery Notification Gone in Windows 10 Version 1703?: Hi there I have a Lenovo Flex 2 running Windows 10. As long as I've upgraded to Creatures Update Windows only warn me on *LOW LEVEL BATTERY* and unfortunately there's no anymore *CRITICAL BATTERY* notification? Does it happen to you? Give me a solution to return it back....