Windows 10: Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

Discus and support Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the following in Notifications [img] I have uninstalled Screenshot Captor, I have run CCleaner over the Registry, I removed all traces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pjd, Nov 14, 2015.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

I have the following in Notifications

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications [​IMG]

I have uninstalled Screenshot Captor, I have run CCleaner over the Registry, I removed all traces of Screenshot Captor from the registry and I've rebooted - yet the Notification list still has those nine entries in for Screenshot Captor How can I get rid if them ?

I no longer need Screenshot Captor because Win 10's built facilities are adequate, for me at least.

MS have never gotten the system tray/notification area functioning properly since... forever*Sad

:)

2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 14, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications :)

musum, Nov 14, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User
  5. PJD
    pjd Win User
  6. lx07 Win User
    You're most welcome but of course now you'll have a problem knowing when it will be
    Sorry, terrible joke *Redface

I got live tiles back after doing this but I forget how exactly. Some combination of pinning/unpinning and turning off and on presumably.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

1. Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications - Similar Threads - Remove Dead Apps

2. Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list: Hello. Last night I somehow stumbled upon a website not by choice that appeared to have a bunch of Norton anti-virus messages even though I don't have that software installed on my Windows 11 laptop. A lot of notifications were popping up in the bottom right corner of my...
  3. Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from apps and other senders - Remove from list: Hello. Last night I somehow stumbled upon a website not by choice that appeared to have a bunch of Norton anti-virus messages even though I don't have that software installed on my Windows 11 laptop. A lot of notifications were popping up in the bottom right corner of my...
  4. Removed apps link is dead

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed apps link is dead: I’ve just reset my pc, the removed app link appeared on my desktop and I opened it and the list was there. Great. About 15 minutes later I open the link again and it’s “File not found”. I didn’t delete anything, no idea why the link is now dead. Any ideas? submitted by...
  5. Is there a way to remove the app name from desktop notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove the app name from desktop notifications?: [ATTACH] I've recently switched to a new computer and got my calendar notifications set up. For some reason they look different to me as I don't remember there being the Google Chrome icon and application name at the top of the notification. Is there any way for...
  6. Windows 10 2004 notification: This app was removed from your PC

Windows 10 2004 notification: This app was removed from your PC: Windows 10 2004 notification This app was removed from your PC because it doesnt work on this version of Windows. (solved?) I solved this but am not sure why it was removed. Windows 10 1909 did not have a problem with it.. Is there really a incompatibility with Windows 10...
  7. Cannot remove a dead link from My PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove a dead link from My PC: I no longer have system folders, ever since Microsoft removed the "system" designation from their default folders. But there remained a dead Pictures folder link (also marked as a system folder) attached on the branch between "My PC" and "C:\Drive". When clicked, it tells me...
  8. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  9. Notification from apps.

Notification from apps.: Show notification from these apps has only onedrive and feedback. How to add apps like calender etc? 8046
  10. Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an already deleted app from the notifications list: I noticed I still have an entry for an already deleted app in the list of applications found under notification settings as seen below and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I've searched both my file system as well as the registry to no avail. Anyone knows where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove dead apps from notifications