Windows 10: Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Discus and support Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine Hyper-V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Night Hawk, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine

How to: Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine

How to Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical computer systems, however they exist in a virtualized and isolated environment.

When you create a Windows virtual machine (VM) in Hyper-V, a floppy disk drive is created in the VM by default.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the default floppy disk drive in a Windows virtual machine created in Hyper-V.

You will need to be signed in as an administrator in the virtual machine to be able to add or remove the floppy disk drive.

*note editions.

EXAMPLE: Before and after Floppy Disk Drive removed from Hyper-V virtual machine of Windows

Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Windows virtual machine in Windows 8 or Windows 10 Hyper-V.

2. In the virtual machine, press the Win+R keys, type regedit, and press Enter to open Registry Editor.

3. Browse to the key location below in Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\flpydisk

4. Do step 5 (add) or step 6 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add Floppy Disk Drive to a Windows Virtual Machine in Hyper-V
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) In the left pane of the flpydisk key, double click/tap on the Start DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below)

B) Type 3, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7.

6. To Remove Floppy Disk Drive to a Windows Virtual Machine in Hyper-V
    A) In the left pane of the flpydisk key, double click/tap on the Start DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below)

B) Type 4, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7.

7. Close Registry Editor, and restart the virtual machine to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Night Hawk, Feb 28, 2016

2. Hyper V

I have read all the answers about disabling Hyper V in Windows 8.1. It does not work. I repeat, unchecking Hyper V in the change Windows Settings does not work. I ran Ubuntu and Fedora in the Virtual Machine. Now I have VM Ware. It
    is not compatible with Hyper V. How do I disable the virtual machines and the virtual disk created by Hyper V? I am using
    Windows 10.

Robber_joey, Feb 28, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Brink, Feb 28, 2016
  5. The odd part is simply seeing the number "4" used rather then the usual "0 /1" on/off switch you generally would see in order to disable most services. Actually what I end up doing to never have any worry is simply right click on the floppy item in the Device Manager there to select the uninstall option.

Since you would hardly even see bootable floppy images unless trying to set up a Legacy version(3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98) where a floppy boot was common place 95 being the first to see optical media there the item at this time is generally totally useless for most and a good idea to either see disabled or removed in order to get it out of the way!

For anyone that might want to try running a Legacy VM it's always good to have the option where you can re-enable the floppy once disabled rather then being totally removed to get it out there when not in use! I was able to get a 98SE VM running several years back without any floppy image to work with but that was on VBox at the time however and not really upto speed with what you can see with the Hyper-V feature.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine

1. Remove Floppy Disk Drive in Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - Remove Floppy Disk

2. Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It's configured to use Hyper-V's "Default Switch" network adapter, but for some reason, the VM doesn't seem to get internet access. My computer is connected to the Internet (both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet). I've...
  3. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  4. Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines: How to: Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines Running Windows on a virtual machine can naturally never be as fast as same version of Windows on same computer running on physical hardware. However, by tweaking virtual machine settings, you can greatly impact the speed and...
  5. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  6. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  7. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  8. Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine: How to: Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Add or Remove a Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used...
  9. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...
  10. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v disconnect floopy

2. remove floppy drive hyper-v

3. ubuntu virtual floppy vs disk

4. remove diskette drive from hyper-v,
  5. how to add a floppy to hyper v,
  6. remove floppy drive in hyper-v,
  7. how to remove floppy drive from vm,
  8. disable floppy drive hyperv,
  9. Hyper-V remove diskette drive,
  10. remove floppy drive from hyperv machine,