Windows 10: Remove From autoplay

Discus and support Remove From autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] how do you remove these? 83407 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oxlzlope, May 2, 2017.

1. Oxlzlope Win User

Remove From autoplay

Remove From autoplay [​IMG]

how do you remove these?

:)

Oxlzlope, May 2, 2017

2. File Explorer keeps opening many instances that I don’t want.

Open Start > Settings app then click Devices.

Select AutoPlay from the left sidebar.

Move the button Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to Off.

This should prevent File Explorer from automatically launching when it detects removable storage.

Andre Da Costa, May 2, 2017
  3. bitEngine Win User
    Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with . . .

I have a workaround. Enter autoplay in the Start search bar window, choose AutoPlay Control Panel. In the AutoPlay Control Panel for the "Removable drive" select "Take no action" from the drop down list. This will prevent File Explorer from opening.

My original setting was "Open folder to view files (File Explorer)". My son's login screen would always popup a notification for the G: drive to make a section on what action to take. My son had not chosen an autoplay setting. I used the workaround to eliminate
    his message. My wife's account did not have this issue. She had not chosen an autoplay setting.

For some unknown reason when Windows 10 starts up from a sleep state it believes that there is something in the first removable drive and it is taking the autoplay action. When I compared the autoplay settings across the three Windows accounts my account
    and my son's account were the only one's that had devices listed at the very bottom of the autoplay setting list. We both had an iPad listed. Additionally I had a Garmin Nuvi listed.

My PC was upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and then Windows 10. The only other item that I found during my research was that at some point in the past the CD/DVD was assigned G: as the drive letter.

This issue appears to be a quirk in Windows 10.

bitEngine, May 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Remove From autoplay

dalchina, May 2, 2017
  5. Oxlzlope Win User
    yes they are
    Remove From autoplay [​IMG]

Oxlzlope, May 2, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    So as far as I know it's a registry edit- see the link in my previous post.

Or try here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers
    or here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers

I don't have such devices, so can't verify.

Create a system restore point or registry backup before deleting anything.

dalchina, May 2, 2017
  7. Oxlzlope Win User
    Thanks for this but, the other method/location worked! and its all good!
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\KnownDevices

Oxlzlope, May 2, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Remove From autoplay

Great.. it's unfortunate there's not a better method...

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove From autoplay

1. Remove From autoplay - Similar Threads - Remove autoplay

2. How to remove this... Opens everytime.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this... Opens everytime.: Dear Folks,I have the following annoying message that pops up every 5 minutes, literally. This message is irritating, specially when doing conferences or calls.Does anyone know how to get rid of this?...
  3. How to remove this... Opens everytime.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove this... Opens everytime.: Dear Folks,I have the following annoying message that pops up every 5 minutes, literally. This message is irritating, specially when doing conferences or calls.Does anyone know how to get rid of this?...
  4. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  5. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  6. How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?: Windows 11 home 23h2 , Asus Vivobook 15 x1502za , i3-1215u , Can you please give me a example , what will you do if you want to remove a device named 'Redmi 8A Dual'? Please answer...
  7. How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?

How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?: Windows 11 home 23h2 , Asus Vivobook 15 x1502za , i3-1215u , Can you please give me a example , what will you do if you want to remove a device named 'Redmi 8A Dual'? Please answer...
  8. How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?: Windows 11 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedelete-unwanted-devices-from-autoplay/6e05b0eb-0b1f-43e9-986f-bb72eae7029a
  9. How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?

How to remove/delete unwanted devices from Autoplay?: Windows 11 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedelete-unwanted-devices-from-autoplay/6e05b0eb-0b1f-43e9-986f-bb72eae7029a
  10. Spotify autoplaying when I remove my headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify autoplaying when I remove my headphones?: Hey there. So I recently picked up a USB-3.5mm jack adapter for my headset. When I have Spotify or any media source open but paused, plugging in or removing a pair of headphones from that adapter causes the media to play. Sometimes it will play to my desktop speakers. Not a...