Windows 10: remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window

Discus and support remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On all my pc's I now have a "get cortana for my phone" message in all the cortana action windows. How in the heck do I get rid of this? it is screwing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcman50, Sep 29, 2016.

1. tcman50 Win User

remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window

On all my pc's I now have a "get cortana for my phone" message in all the cortana action windows. How in the heck do I get rid of this? it is screwing up all my viewing habits for weather, sports score etc.

Why does microsoft keep jamming all this junk in the cortana window, I don't want anything except what I choose to have displayed.

Terry

:)

tcman50, Sep 29, 2016

2. Cortana is not sending texts from computer

The first time I enables Cortana on my PC I was able to respond to messages I got from my phone in the action center but lately I'll get a message that says "I cant do this right now" or the message gets sent but the recipient doesn't get it,It also does
    not appear in conversation history on my phone.

Perfected27, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Keyboard does not function properly in Action Center

When using Action Center to reply to text messages sent from my phone through Cortana, I am unable to use the letter "p" when typing on my laptop's keyboard. Is this a known issue? It happens in action center, and also when trying to respond to text messages
    in the notification pop up.

RandyGerwig, Sep 29, 2016
  4. remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window

See This Thread. It seems that there is no easy way to get rid of this spam. I was recently forced to perform a full recovery of my system, to OOTB conditions (due to other issues), and that did get rid of the annoying Cortana message. Of course, I have a backup HD, so I was able to reinstall all of my settings, apps and programs without too much swearing.
    This is the only method I've found that works, and I did extensive searches for a solution when the problem first arose.

rstrub1955, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window

1. remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window - Similar Threads - remove cortana phone

2. Removing Cortana From Startup

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana From Startup: How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either. I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone...
  3. Removing Cortana

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana: I don’t use Cortana and want to remove it from my PC. What are the steps? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-cortana/113aeeb5-f69b-4ddf-9d1e-0d41e307b435
  4. Remove Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove Cortana: Somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this totally worthless program. In the history of MS this is the WORST mistake they have ever made. Even with it completely turned off by an "MS Pro" from their Help Desk, it still turns itself on and once it does I cannot turn it...
  5. Cortana Messages

in Cortana
    Cortana Messages: messages from Cortana saying that it will stay quiet. Cortana, I don't know what's wrong, just tell me this, I've tried numerous things. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-messages/5bd9ccf5-7e86-413f-b033-1569aa3078da"
  6. Cortana Messages

in Cortana
    Cortana Messages: I keep getting messages from Cortana saying that it will stay quiet while I present. What does it think that I'm presenting? How do I type responses to the messages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-messages/72984f86-1bfa-441a-b93a-be6809805da3"
  7. Focus assist . . . message from Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist . . . message from Cortana: The three choices are: Priority . . . Alarms . . . Off I had Focus assist on Priority, and changed it . . . The message from her still gets through on Alarms Off seems to have fixed it Win Defender scan status appears to get through on "Off", also . . . some info through...
  8. Remove Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove Cortana: I'm having problems with Cortana acting erratically and self manipulating the screen. How can I remove Cortana? Are there any Microsoft updates or software to remove Cortana? I have all the Cortana settings off, but that still hasn't deactivated Cortana. It constantly...
  9. REMOVING CORTANA

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING CORTANA: I want CORTANA GONE. I do not and will not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-cortana/bb919d6e-1f7f-4cc9-b39c-cc5244a56caa
  10. cortana removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana removal: Can someone please show me how to remove Cortana.Find it a nuisance. 36087