Windows 10: remove ie 11

Discus and support remove ie 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Frank1 Win User

remove ie 11

I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until you see internet explore 10 and remove it. Or click on Programs and features/View installed updated and do the same thing. However it does not list ie 11 and I know it's on here. Has anyone run into that and have an answer? Thank you.
    ~~~~Frank

:)

Frank1, Dec 5, 2014
  2. graye Win User

IE is turned off but still gets loaded with malware, cookies and junk

That should completely remove IE... perhaps it requires a reboot?

graye, Dec 5, 2014
  3. ie 11

I am using edge and IE 11 ALSO. Shall I remove IE 11. If no. then how to upgrade Ie 11

AslamSherwani, Dec 5, 2014
  4. Tony K Win User

remove ie 11

Hi, Frank. Are you sure? I'm pretty sure 10TP always had IE11. It was introduced with 8.1 and given the choice to download in 7 also. Not in 8, though.

This is an interesting question so far as uninstall. As you know it is no longer a program listed in programs column of Programs and Features, but rather listed as a feature as it is in 8.1. It can't be uninstalled. Only turned off, which will remove it from Start and remove icons.

At this point I don't think there's a way to install a different version. I'd imagine it's the same as any browser. One gets the latest version to download and install.

Tony K, Dec 5, 2014
  5. Frank1 Win User
    After reading what you said, it is possible that I could be wrong and it was on all the time. That would explain why it is not listed in "installed updates". Is so, it's funny that I never noticed it. But what you said makes sense. If I'm wrong it will be the second time in my life that I was ever wrong and I'm 83 years old. The other time I was wrong was years ago when I thought I made a mistake but didn't. You believe that don't you?????? *Biggrin

Frank1, Dec 5, 2014
  6. Frank1 Win User
    I just noticed something very strange. I just happened to remember that on the laptop where I have windows 8.1, it also has ie 11. But it doesn't look any different that ie 10. The strange part is this: I'm now sure that my laptop with windows 10 always had ie 11, but lit looked normal as the one on my windows 8.1. All of a sudden today the one on Windows 10 looks like chrome but it isn't, it is IE 11 version: 11.0.9879.0 and the one on my win 8.1 is version: 11.0.9600.17351 so that's the difference. Which means the reason I didn't notice it before was because it look as the ie 10. Why it changed today, I have no idea. I hope I'm explain it clear enough,

Frank1, Dec 5, 2014
  7. Frank1 Win User
    I found the answer! The reason it looked something like chrome is because I took a good look at it and found that I had a check mark by "Full screen" which I inadvertently did today. I removed the check mark and it's back to the way it was. So now this makes 3 times in my life that I made a mistake.*Tongue*Smile

Frank1, Dec 5, 2014
  8. Tony K Win User

remove ie 11

Lol, Frank! I'm. Glad you got it straightened out. *Wink

F11 is the shortcut key for full screen. Then strike again to toggle back.

Tony K, Dec 5, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    Still a pretty impressive record, considering you have been around for 83 years! *Biggrin

LittleJay, Dec 5, 2014
  10. Frank1 Win User
    Still a pretty impressive record, considering you have been around for 83 years! *Biggrin Yes, that's only about one every 27 years. *Cool I wish it were better, but what the heck whose perfect.*Smile

Frank1, Dec 5, 2014
  11. CountMike New Member
    Still a pretty impressive record, considering you have been around for 83 years! *Biggrin Yes, that's only about one every 27 years. *Cool I wish it were better, but what the heck whose perfect.*Smile If true, that could mean only one thing, you never been married !!!!

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

remove ie 11

1. remove ie 11 - Similar Threads - remove

2. Windows 11 internal harddrives became write protected and cannot remove protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internal harddrives became write protected and cannot remove protection: Hi, I am not sure if there is any available fix but i am desperate to get this done. I have three drives, 2 ssds and 1 hdd. For some unknown reason, one of the ssds and the hdd samsung evo 870 1TB and a Toshiba HDWD 130 became write protected and i can't do anything to these...
  3. Windows 11 internal harddrives became write protected and cannot remove protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 internal harddrives became write protected and cannot remove protection: Hi, I am not sure if there is any available fix but i am desperate to get this done. I have three drives, 2 ssds and 1 hdd. For some unknown reason, one of the ssds and the hdd samsung evo 870 1TB and a Toshiba HDWD 130 became write protected and i can't do anything to these...
  4. I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.: I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-copilot-from-the-task-bar-in/c643fdc7-8e3d-457f-a5ed-df5b30915951
  5. I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.

I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.: I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-copilot-from-the-task-bar-in/c643fdc7-8e3d-457f-a5ed-df5b30915951
  6. On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...: Hope someone can helpKind regardsDoug Macey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-11-home-window-is-remove-from-recent/9931c5ac-8bdd-4053-a8a6-2e4beb59306c
  7. On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...

On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...: Hope someone can helpKind regardsDoug Macey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-11-home-window-is-remove-from-recent/9931c5ac-8bdd-4053-a8a6-2e4beb59306c
  8. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  9. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  10. Why can't I remove sign oin pin? Is it MY laptop or Microsoft's?!

Why can't I remove sign oin pin? Is it MY laptop or Microsoft's?!: I want to know why I am forced to have a pin on my sign in on my laptop. Who's laptop is it? Is it MY laptop, or is it Microsoft's. I never would have bought this laptop if I knew I couldn't make my own decisions with it, but I guess I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. I AM SO ANGRY THAT I...