Windows 10: Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Discus and support Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Changed the group policy in Windows Update from Automatic downloads to notify back to automatic and I get a message with red text on the advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by corey407woc, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Changed the group policy in Windows Update from Automatic downloads to notify back to automatic and I get a message with red text on the advanced settings screen of windows update that "Some settings are managed by your organization'

how can i remove that red text its annoying me.

I went back into group policy editor and checked the automatic download setting to not configured to see if that would do the trick but i still have the message thanks

:)

corey407woc, Jul 18, 2015

2. some settings are managed by your organization

You need to go the the administrator PC, gpedit. allow the managed service, or have rights to edit the service. Ask your admin.

gpedit>Administrative templates> Windows Components

bfvetscolakid, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Some settings are managed by your organization

I am Using Lumia 640XL. In update it shows "Some settings are managed by your organization".

I did soft and hard reset but the problem is not solved. Any solution for this issue???

Vatsal Bhavsar, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Ginyu Win User

Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Same thing happens to me. I have the red text under "Advanced options" for Windows Update. I checked the Group Policy Editor and all everything is set to "Not Configured". I also ran the command gpupdate /force as per a recommendation I read somewhere else.

Ginyu, Jul 29, 2015
  5. ElectroPulse, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Edward Win User
    Edward, Aug 14, 2015
  7. SteveP Win User
    I had the same problem with windows 10 update saying "some settings are managed by your organisation" took me awhile to find the cause which has fixed it for me and now I can download the insider updates, the fix that worked for me is here at: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

What I did was to reverse the instructions to disable telemetry and data collection, following the how-to to disable the registry and services. and enabling the settings removed the "some settings are managed by your organisation" and sorted the problem.
    I hope this helps people sort the problem out...

SteveP, Aug 30, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

This will work in all cases:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-som...ows-10-1521281

It's also the only answer that work for me.
    And no, it has nothing to do with malware or a virus whatsoever. It's just one of those things MS needs to iron out.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 21, 2015
  9. zooburner Win User
    It only works with the Pro edition, not Home edition

zooburner, Nov 24, 2015
  10. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Oh dear...........*Redface

Gpedit.msc not present in Home, that's it ?

Any idea how to fix this in Home then ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 24, 2015
  11. hkhasib Win User
    hkhasib, Apr 18, 2016
  12. These solutions do not work for me on Windows 10 Home 64bit. The registry entry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications
    does not exist. I have everything up to CurrentVersion, but no PushNotifications entry.
    Of course Home users do not have gpedit.msc because it simply does not exist in home. The other commands did not work either, but at least I now have the peace of mind that my Windows is not corrupted. Is there any solution better than changing "Diagnostic and usage data" under "Feedback & diagnostics" to "Full (reccomended)"? That just seems like too much information to be automatically sending to Microsoft.
    Thanks, Buddy.

WindowsBuddy, May 26, 2016
  13. fdegrove Win User

fdegrove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization" - Similar Threads - Remove WinUpdate settings

2. Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are managed by your organization: I did a clean install yesterday , when I check for updates it shows the error above, while checking for updates, I am not a member of organization, how can i remove it that pop up?...
  3. Some Of these setting are managed by your organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Of these setting are managed by your organizer: Some Of these setting are managed by your organizerin lock screen setting and on lock screen it is comming directly not showing wallaper and facts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-setting-are-managed-by-your/ee9810b5-fc18-4a77-b122-b3e22f3c0320
  4. Some Setting are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Setting are managed by your organization: Hello, I've been facing this problem where multiple settings are disabled as windows says "some settings are managed by your organization". This is odd as I haven't signed into windows using my work/school account only and specifically into microsoft teams. While signing in I...
  5. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Some settings are managed by your organization": [ATTACH] Please someone help me I can NOT figure out how to solve this, I can't modify my update settings and I'm so tired of PC force restarting in the middle of games at midnight and waking up to update when asleep at 6 am. Regedits don;t work, privacy settings don't...
  6. Looking for removal of "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for removal of "Some settings are managed by your organization": I currently get unwanted windows updates at unwanted times on my personal desktop. When going through my Windows Settings, I see the message "*Some settings are managed by your organization". I currently have retail windows, not volume and have done a Windows reinstall and...
  7. Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization: Guys, please help. I can't find the solution anywhere. All of the common ones that pop up when I search for a solution like going into Group policy editor and to windows updates are not working... I've also lost the ability to play sound on my computer, it won't recognize...
  8. *Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    *Some settings are managed by your organization: I just upgraded my home computer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and under the settings in Windows Update, there is text stating what the title says. Why is it saying that and is there anyway to get rid of it? [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  10. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...