Windows 10: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by 10TonTek, Apr 26, 2017.

1. 10TonTek Win User

Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

How to: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like.

This tutorial will show you how to remove an included folder from a library for your account in Windows 10.

*note Removing an included folder from a library does not delete the folder or the contents of the folder.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Remove Included Folder from Library using Manage Library Tools
    • Option Two: To Remove Included Folder from Library using Library Properties

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove Included Folder from Library using Manage Library Tools
    1. In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to remove an included folder from.

2. Click/tap on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click/tap on the Manage library button in the ribbon. (see screenshots below)

Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Select an included folder, click/tap on the Remove button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove Included Folder from Library using Library Properties
    1. In File Explorer, right click or press and hold on a library (ex: Videos) you want to remove an included folder from, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

3. Select an included folder, click/tap on the Remove button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

10TonTek, Apr 26, 2017

2. How is the Library DOCUMENTS folder populated?

Remember a library really does not take up space. You can manage what appears in a Library.

How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8834-remove...

How to use Windows Libraries effectively in Windows 10

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-libraries...

If you want to share your thoughts about libraries with the Windows Developers best to use the Feedback Hub so the will see them.

Start - type in --> Feedback Hub .....find at top and click on it.

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Can't Remove C:\users\<my name>\Documents Folder From The Documents Library

Hello everyone.

Currently, the Documents Library on my Windows 10 machine includes the Documents folder that I created on the D drive as well as the Documents folder on the C drive. I want to remove C:\users\<my name>\Documents from the Documents Library so that the Documents
    Library only includes the folder that I created on the D drive. The system let's me do that, but C:\users\<my name>\Documents always gets added back to the Documents library when I reboot the machine.

I was able to successfully remove the C Drive folders for Videos, Pictures and Music from their respective libraries. They do not get added back to the libraries when I reboot. Only C:\users\<my name>\Documents gets added back.

Can someone tell how to permanently remove C:\users\<my name>\Documents from the Documents library and keep it from getting added back?

RichardCosta1066, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello 10TonTek, *Smile

What folders keep automatically being included in the library(ies)?

If this folder is from a 3rd party program (ex: save folder for program), the program itself may be adding it back.

Brink, Apr 26, 2017
  5. 10TonTek Win User
    @Brink - have not had the problem return, might have been a microsoft update glitch, plenty of those since W10 =\ and their kinda annoying update system for W10.

10TonTek, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 11, 2017
  7. Jimmyb Win User
    My first issue was finding libraries, unlike yours it is not visible, and i had to "find it", and have pinned it in quick access.

Having found it I was hoping it would solve this problem:

As you can see a number of my Libraries have been duplicated after update to FCU. The "real" ones are on my "D" drive, but FCU created a duplicate set of some in the "User" area of the "C" drive, however as you can see there is no "location" tab to move them.

Question can I just delete these additional Libraries?

Jimmyb, Nov 16, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Included Folder

2. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  3. No option to include folder into a library

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to include folder into a library: Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of...
  4. How to Add or Remove folders in a Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove folders in a Library in Windows 10: [ATTACH] To improve and enhance the working experience of users, Windows 10 allows folders from different locations in the Windows Library to be viewed and accessed from a single place. For instance, if you keep some audio/video content on an external [...] This post How to...
  5. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...
  6. Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?: Alright guys, I actually do use OneDrive, and I am not trying to remove the app entirely. However, it seems like if I remove the OneDrive folder from my libraries (music, pictures, documents), next boot they show right back up. This is incredibly annoying as I actually...
  7. Removing folder from library without deleting it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing folder from library without deleting it: One of my folders appears in 2 libraries. If I delete the folder from the wrong library, it gets actually deleted from both libraries AND ALSO FROM MY "DOCUMENTS" and sent to the bin. How can I remove it from that wrong library but not from my Documents nor from my other...
  8. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Include Folder to Library in Windows 10: How to: Include Folder or Drive to Library in Windows 10 How to Include Folder or Drive to a Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you...
  9. How to remove Include in Library context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Include in Library context menu?: I see an article to remove the 'Include in Library' context menu item but it is for Windows 7: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...text-menu.html. Can the same registry keys be used in Windows 10? If not, how can I achieve the same in Windows 10? 23318
  10. Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Include in library' from Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove included library window 10