Windows 10: Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I wish to totally remove Internet Explorer from one of my installs. I can't recall or get right the syntax for rmdir. Please give the full syntax and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by loninappleton, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10

I wish to totally remove Internet Explorer from one of my installs.

I can't recall or get right the syntax for rmdir. Please give the full syntax and path to Internet Explorer
    in the cmd prompt. Or of deltree is an option for this.

I'm aware that IE can be temporarily removed or hidden in Win10 through the Settings Apps dialogue.

:)

loninappleton, Aug 29, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 29, 2018
  4. bruins004 Win User

Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10

Internet Explorer not launching on new build

Didnt kno where to put this guys and need some answers.
    I just did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro on my 2nd rig (finally got it up and running).
    Now when I open up Internet Explorer and try to go to any page I get an error prompt saying that Inertnet Explorer cannot open up the serach page.
    I get it for every website that I try to connect.
    I also noticied that when I launch the command prompt and enter the command ipconfig there is no Default Gateway listed.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Is my winsok32.dll broken?

Thanks

bruins004, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10

1. Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Internet Explorer

2. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Prompt: If I open CMD as administrator and type sfc /scannow I get the error -> "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility".If I run chkdsk - it gives error -> "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be...
  3. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Prompt: A windows command prompt sometimes appears and disappears just as suddenly on my Windows 11.It isn't hindering any task or anything,but I am curious as to why this prompt appears.Is there a virus or a failed update,perhaps?And my laptop also deadlocks sometimes. It is i3 core...
  4. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Prompt: A windows command prompt sometimes appears and disappears just as suddenly on my Windows 11.It isn't hindering any task or anything,but I am curious as to why this prompt appears.Is there a virus or a failed update,perhaps?And my laptop also deadlocks sometimes. It is i3 core...
  5. Command prompt starts instead of File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command prompt starts instead of File Explorer?: Around a month ago, I turned my laptop Asus TUF Gaming FX504 and instead of Explorer launching, I got greeted with Command Prompt. The fix was simple, I just typed "explorer" and everything was back to normal, but this issue kept on happening. I have a feeling it's something...
  6. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Command Prompt: Hi, for many months now the windows command prompt has been appearing on my screen for a second or two every hour or so and its quite concerning as recently my laptop died and displayed the blue screen of death. I tried following the steps on the Microsoft support, which...
  7. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Command Prompt: In case of continuous stream how to Redirect stdout to a text file without any delay, it doesn't flush line by line it will write to the file only in chunks. Below example DOESN'T flush out line by line. for eg In Command Prompt: adb logcat | findstr "Latitude" >>...
  8. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  9. File Explorer launches Administrator command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches Administrator command prompt: When I launch a recent folder or any folder linked on the pinned taskbar icon for File Explorer it launches what appears to cmd.exe with "Administrator" and the folder path in the top bar. the folder is also displayed in the command prompt itself. However if I just click on...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete internet explorer windows 10 cmd

2. internet explorer windows 10 command prompt

3. remove ie with command prompt

4. rermove all ie in command promt,
  5. remove internet explorer browser from windows 10 command prompt,
  6. how to remove internet explorer from windows 10 dos commands,
  7. remove internet explorer windows 7 cmd