Windows 10: Remove Items from Windows Control Settings

Discus and support Remove Items from Windows Control Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to completely remove a heading from 'Windows Settings'? I want to remove 'Accounts' and 'Personalisation' from visibility but am unable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vulgarito, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Vulgarito Win User

Remove Items from Windows Control Settings

Is there a way to completely remove a heading from 'Windows Settings'? I want to remove 'Accounts' and 'Personalisation' from visibility but am unable. I have removed all sub settings (e.g. background, lock screen, themes) via GPO (settings page visibility), but once I remove all items the control panel crashes when I select Accounts or Personalisation. The only way to prevent a crash is to leave at least one item enabled in these headings. I can only get this to work with the Xbox Gaming heading using same approach.

:)

Vulgarito, Feb 9, 2018
  2. GMJ3 Win User

Start and Settings window does not show complete device and other system application settings, only Control panel items are shown on Windows 10.

Original Title: start / settings / search not showing settings - only control panel items

This is a brand new Windows 10 computer. Start / settings search originally worked fine, but now it does not.

If I type any type of entry into the "find a setting" box, all that shows up in the search results are control panel items, but no settings.

For instance, if I type "Win" in the search box, instead of getting the items with the gears to the left of them such as Windows Defender settings, Windows Update settings, etc., I only get a single "gear" item which is Add or remove programs, and the rest
    are control panel items such as Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, etc. which have the control panel icons next to them.

I have run the troubleshooter for indexing items (no luck), ran the command prompt routine for sfc /scannow, and nothing was found or solved.

In the Start / Settings dialogue box, I have all the System, Devices, Network & Internet, etc. items, but if I click on Devices and type mouse into the search box, all that shows up are the control panel icons and items. On my other computer, this same
    search results in the "gear" items, starting with Ease of Access mouse settings, Mouse & touchpad settings, etc.

Where are all the missing items, and why are only the control panel items showing up rather than the settings items?

GMJ3, Feb 9, 2018
  3. UviJW Win User
    Cannot unpin items from Start or remove items from Most Used list

I actually just finished installing Avast 2015 (Free) after removing Kaspersky. The start menu seems to be working fine now with Avast for me.

One suggestion you can try out: If you are using a Microsoft Account to login, try converting to a local account and see if that helps with anything

UviJW, Feb 9, 2018
Thema:

Remove Items from Windows Control Settings

1. Remove Items from Windows Control Settings - Similar Threads - Remove Items Control

2. Remove 32-bit Control Panel items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove 32-bit Control Panel items: Would like to delete 2 Control Panel items most likely created when Office97 was installed on Win10 Home 2004 (which I just updated to 20H2): (32-bit) brings up the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) Mail and Fax (32-bit) gives the message There is no email program...
  3. Remove 32-bit Control Panel items

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 32-bit Control Panel items: Would like to delete 2 Control Panel items most likely created when Office97 was installed on Win10 Home 2004 (which I just updated to 20H2): (32-bit) brings up the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) Mail and Fax (32-bit) gives the message There is no email program...
  4. Removing items from a lot of folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing items from a lot of folders.: Good afternoon, everyone! Please let me know if this belongs in another thread. I have a niche problem. I have a folder. That folder has a bunch of folders in it, and each of those folders has a bunch of pictures in it. I want to back up these pictures, but, I want them...
  5. remove an item from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove an item from taskbar: how do I remove item from taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-an-item-from-taskbar/82c6d414-d502-453e-b7c8-2c2b37f5743a
  6. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  7. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  8. Removing items from "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing items from "Devices and Printers": Hi, On our lan connected desktop's devices and printers section of the control panel has items attached by USB but also things on our network that are wireless. Is there any way to hide or remove some (like the smart TVs) from this while still keeping them on the network?...
  9. Removing items from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing items from taskbar: Does anyone know how to remove items that have been added by the user to the taskbar? I have pinned items over time that I would like to delete. Currently, it isn't allowing me to pin any new links....
  10. Remove certain items from Start search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove certain items from Start search: When I search for apps sometimes "Best match" is far from being the best and is almost always something I would use very rarely or never. Is it possible to manually reorder items or just remove them all together? I'm used to hit Start, type the beginning of app's name and hit...