Windows 10: Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops

Discus and support Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have created another desktop and moves windows explorer onto here, but on my initial desktop, there is still an icon relating to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by dangoodwin, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops

Hi guys,

I have created another desktop and moves windows explorer onto here, but on my initial desktop, there is still an icon relating to windows explorer even though it is not pinned to my taskbar and also a line underneath the icon indicating that this application is open on another desktop. But this sort of defeats the point of having multiple desktops when the exact same icons are shown on each desktop - my understanding was that you do have the ability to create multiple desktops to minimize the amount of applications open on each desktop which will save space and to be better organised with tasks or works in hand, so if there is the same amount of icons on each desktop that is the same as just having 1 desktop for all the applications.

Does anyone know how to remove this icon that is showing an application open in another desktop or is this not possible to achieve? I know this is only the first release of windows 10, but is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

:)

dangoodwin, Aug 1, 2015

2. Parallel lines on monitor

Parallel lines of different colors might indicate a display failure. Do that lines show up on the Boot screen as well? If so, your display might need a replacement.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. bpug621 Win User
    different backrounds on different desktops on the same computer

Ok, so I have been doing research and can't find anything about have different wallpapers on different desktops, but on the same computer. Some of my friends that have macs have this function, but I can't find anything about how to do it on windows 10.
    If there is no way to do it without an third party application, could someone recommend one? I really want to do this, and know some other people with the same problem. Thank you everyone who replies to this question in a non hate manner.

bpug621, Aug 1, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops

essenbe, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops

1. Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops - Similar Threads - Remove line indicator

2. Vertical line shows in my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical line shows in my desktop: MY windows 10 laptop has a vertical line shows in my screen. It never shows when you boot the PC so Im aware that it is not a hardware issue. I dont have this issue before, suddenly it appeared in my screen. First, its only has one long line but now it seems that its gotten...
  3. Vertical line shows in my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical line shows in my desktop: MY windows 10 laptop has a vertical line shows in my screen. It never shows when you boot the PC so Im aware that it is not a hardware issue. I dont have this issue before, suddenly it appeared in my screen. First, its only has one long line but now it seems that its gotten...
  4. Vertical line shows in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Router and network indicating differently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router and network indicating differently.: New RAC2V1S router to serve as router and server for 6 movie HDD's via USB. Router reports nothing connected to WiFi but all my PC's show in net on PC. Router does not show in net but streams the movies all of which list on my movie player. Why does router not show up in net...
  6. Router and network indicating differently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router and network indicating differently.: New RAC2V1S router to serve as router and server for 6 movie HDD's via USB. Router reports nothing connected to WiFi but all my PC's show in net on PC. Router does not show in net but streams the movies all of which list on my movie player. Why does router not show up in net...
  7. Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot): [ATTACH] Normally each application along with the volume slider there is a green bar showing the volume of the sound that the application but in windows 10 this green bar only shows up in few applications(very little) but in windows 8.1 it shows it for all applications...
  8. Weird lines showing up on some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird lines showing up on some applications: I get these weird lines around hard edges in some apps, that don't make sense. https://i.imgur.com/9RNGMzu.png The applications this has happened on include Signal, Microsoft Teams, and Europa Universalis 4....
  9. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?: I'd like to remove the line displayed under running apps in the taskbar, this: [img] For everyone who uses non-combined labeled apps this is super annoying, especially on dark theme. There was a long thread here but the solution presented only works for windows build...
  10. Remove The Grey Line That Separates Taskbar From Show Desktop Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove The Grey Line That Separates Taskbar From Show Desktop Button: The subject is pretty much straight forward. How can I remove that little grey line (or make it invisible) that separates the Taskbar from the Show Desktop button? I still want to use that button to show the Desktop, so I want to keep that button enabled. But I want to make...