Windows 10: Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

Discus and support Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed WSL a while ago. I removed it today and there's still this:How do I get rid of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WhenLarryHadABaby, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

I installed WSL a while ago. I removed it today and there's still this:How do I get rid of it?

:)

WhenLarryHadABaby, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 0.61.4 released

UPDATE 6/29: Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 0.61.5 released
    Source: Release 0.61.4 . microsoft/WSL . GitHub See also:

Brink, Dec 3, 2023
  3. WillJ1312 Win User
    Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) will not install any Linux Distro

I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:

• Edition: Windows 11 Home
    • Version: 23H2
    • OS build: 22631.2338
    • Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    • Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
    • System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    I have been unable to successfully install any Linux distribution, either via the Microsoft Store or from command prompt. On command prompt (run as admin), the command 'wsl --install -d <distro>' returns the error code "0x80070005". Same for Microsoft Store.

I managed to successfully install Ubuntu by downloading the .AppxBundle file (link from Manual installation steps for older veog:type, specific link https://aka.ms/wslubuntu), but when I try to run it I get the error message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

I have tried updating the permissions of the root folder ("C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu_2204.1.7.0_x64__79rhkp1fndgsc") to no avail.

I have ensured that the "Windows Subsystem for Linux" and "Virtual Machine Platform" Windows Features are enabled and made sure that the WSL version is set to '2' with the command "wsl --set-default-version 2" in admin command prompt.

I even went into the BIOS settings of my PC ensured that my Intel CPU has the setting for allowing 'virtualisation' enabled.

I'm open to any suggestions.

WillJ1312, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2.0.11 released

Source: Release 2.0.11 . microsoft/WSL . GitHub See also:

Brink, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

1. Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL - Similar Threads - Remove Linux partition

2. Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation: I have uninstalled WSL using BCUninstaller, it deleted all temp and cache and unwanted reg keys for me. But the is still the Linux server in the explorer.How can I remove it?...
  3. Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Linux server after WSL uninstallation: I have uninstalled WSL using BCUninstaller, it deleted all temp and cache and unwanted reg keys for me. But the is still the Linux server in the explorer.How can I remove it?...
  4. Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL: I installed WSL a while ago. I removed it today and there's still this:How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-linux-partition-from-file-explorer-after/5edf9976-d905-42fd-aad8-4c7184884fcc
  5. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  6. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  7. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    arch linux installation failed in wsl.: I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this...
  8. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

arch linux installation failed in wsl.: I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this...
  9. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...