Windows 10: Remove live tiles via GPO Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Remove live tiles via GPO Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am stuck. I have created a customized start screen .xml with the export-startlayout command. I placed the file in a share, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nocturno, May 18, 2016.

1. Nocturno Win User

Remove live tiles via GPO Win 10 Pro

Hello,

I am stuck.

I have created a customized start screen .xml with the export-startlayout command.

I placed the file in a share, I configured the GPO to import that .xml file.

When I log in, I get the two groups I specified, but, the two default live tile groups are still there. 'Life at a glance' and 'Play and Explore'

I found the steps here:
    Customize Windows 10 Start with Group Policy (Windows 10)

But I must be missing something, as I don't want to have to go to each machine to remove these groups after I install Win 10 on all of the workstations.

Thank you.

:)

Nocturno, May 18, 2016

2. Orphaned tiles after deployment

A little background.

We removed provisioned apps from our WIM file. We also have a GPO to disable the consumer experience to get rid of the rest of the unwanted non enterprise apps.

The WIM file is loaded into SCCM and deployed via task. Everything works fine.

Every user who logs now has orphaned live tiles on the start menu. The provisioned apps that were removed via DISM and powershell, their tiles will disappear after a reboot or 2 but they should not be there in the first place as the apps were removed in
    an offline WIM.

Is there something in the WIM I need to do to remove the live tiles as well?

On the Consumer Experience GPO the apps tiles are stuck on the start menu you can manually unpin them but our users are really not that capable. I know it is a simple right click and unpin but this is a "prison run by the prisoners" environment so we have
    to figure out how to clear this up with out getting them involved. Note that the icons are in the live tile area, the actual program/apps list they are gone. The tiles have a downward arrow like they are downloading and some say A great new app is coming.

Any suggestions would be helpful. We are testing Windows 10 1703 but the same exists in 1607

EvilJenius, May 18, 2016
  3. Change lockscreen via GPO. Windows 10 Pro 1607

Hey,

I have a problem with the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (1607)

In earlier versions you could change the lockscreen picture via GPO, it seems that option has been removed from pro with the latest update, it can still be done if you have Enterprise but not with Pro. Has anyone found a way to do this?

We have to do this via either GPO or from a script (We use SCCM)

Suggestions?

Christoffer de la Motte, May 18, 2016
Thema:

Remove live tiles via GPO Win 10 Pro

1. Remove live tiles via GPO Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Remove live tiles

2. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  3. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?

Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?: I really like Live Tiles and I use them regularly and I already have a new design for them. I am worried that they will be removed soon. Will they be removed, and can I send my design in in any way? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  5. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  6. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  7. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  8. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  9. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...
  10. missing live tile section windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Support
    missing live tile section windows 10 PRO: For some reason my start display no longer has a live tile section...only the left most column and the program list. Didn't notice exactly when this change occurred but I haven't been able to figure out how to reestablish. I tried expanding the panel area but even though the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro gpo remove tiles