Windows 10: Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This solution works for Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, OS build 14393.1198. To remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page in Win 10 Home (i.e. go straight to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by scottrh1, May 31, 2017.

1. scottrh1 Win User

Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

This solution works for Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, OS build 14393.1198.
    To remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page in Win 10 Home (i.e. go straight to Desktop from Startup or Sleep mode) you must first set up a password, even though you don’t require it, in order to get the “Require sign-in” option to appear above the “Windows Hello” in Sign-in options.
    1 Go to the “Password” option. Enter a password & confirm.
    2 Restart computer. The lock screen followed by the sign-in page will appear. Use the password to open Windows then go to Settings/Accounts/Sign-in and select “Never” under “Require sign-in”.
    3 Right click the windows icon on the left of the taskba rand click Run. Enter “netplwiz” and click OK. Uncheck “Users must enter username and password to use this computer”.
    4 When restarting computer it will go straight to Desktop.

:)

scottrh1, May 31, 2017
  2. BSSGKS Win User

screen blinks after switching on the laptop

when I switch on my laptop , the screen starts blinking & after few minutes it gets stable & when the starts the edge open itself & some Russian site opens

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

BSSGKS, May 31, 2017
  3. Picture on Welcome Page after Windows10 update KB3176936

A new update was installed yesterday 8-28-16 (Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64 based systems KB3176936) yesterday on my laptop but not my desktop. It changed alot of my settings which I was able to fix. But since the update my picture on the Welcome Screen
    will not show up. It is correct on my Users Page. On the Personalization Page, Lock Screen the wording for the picture has changed. It used to say "Show Windows background Picture on Sign In Screen" (it is like that on my desktop). On my Laptop it says
    " Show Lock Screen background Picture on Sign In Screen". Does anyone know how to get the "Windows Picture" back on the Welcome Screen??

Thanks in advance.

Jack - SueHanrahan, May 31, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

hi
    This works for any version BUT does not remove lockscreen at startup if user wants a password at startup, which is the focus of this tutorial.

In addition, for a local account user who wants to autologin, simply do not set a password - no need to use netplwiz.

cereberus, May 31, 2017
  5. scottrh1 Win User
    Hi
    If no password is set the "Require sign-in" option is missing.
    Using the solution described above, windows goes directly to the desk top at startup.

scottrh1, May 31, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. cereberus Win User
    Not everybody wants to autologin for security.

It isdumb but you have to temporarily set a password in order to see the never box to remove need for password!

cereberus, May 31, 2017
  8. scottrh1 Win User

Guru I agree but there doesn't seem to be any other way to get the "Require sign-in" option to appear in order to then set it to "Never" so that no password is required. Dumb windows programming!

scottrh1, May 31, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 31, 2017
  10. scottrh1 Win User
    If you do step 3 (run netplwix, etc) then it works with start-up as well. Also works with the new Windows 10 Creators update.

scottrh1, Jun 1, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    You are missing the point - not everybody wants to autologin for security reasons.

cereberus, Jun 1, 2017
  12. scottrh1 Win User
    Correct, but as the thread title suggests, it is for folk who don't need security & wish to remove the lock-screen and sign-in page in order to access the desk-top immediately.

scottrh1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Remove Lock screen

2. I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen: Hello,I have a school email whenever i log in to the school email into my microsft account, windows put a lock password with my account password or demand that i put a pin and i would like to remove those any locking. When the school account is logged in i cannot change...
  3. I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen: Hello,I have a school email whenever i log in to the school email into my microsft account, windows put a lock password with my account password or demand that i put a pin and i would like to remove those any locking. When the school account is logged in i cannot change...
  4. PC remove the sign in page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC remove the sign in page: I have my Windows 10 laptop for 2 years, suddenly my sign in page is not coming up. When you boot the PC. It is stuck at the page where you can see mountain and time however no matter what I do the sign in page where I need to put the password is not coming up. The mouse is...
  5. PC remove the sign in page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC remove the sign in page: I have my Windows 10 laptop for 2 years, suddenly my sign in page is not coming up. When you boot the PC. It is stuck at the page where you can see mountain and time however no matter what I do the sign in page where I need to put the password is not coming up. The mouse is...
  6. PC remove the sign in page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Remove users from Windows 10 sign-in page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove users from Windows 10 sign-in page: Hi, I have removed the users from my Windows 10 but I still see their account names in the bottom left corner of the Win 10 sign-in page. How can I get rid of these? Thanks!...
  8. Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.: I there anyway to remove the Ease of access on the Lock and Sign-in Screen please? 152271
  9. Sign in page, removal at switch on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in page, removal at switch on: Hello. I have just reinstalled Windows 10 on my ASUS laptop and now encounter the Sign in page when I lift the lid. I would far rather go strait to the desk top page as I used to. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the Sign in page? Regards 76819
  10. Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, users can click/tap on the Network icon on the sign-in screen to disconnect the PC from the network or connect the PC to other available networks without having to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove sign in page in w10