Windows 10: Remove main account

Discus and support Remove main account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cfitzmartin, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Remove main account

I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?

:)

Cfitzmartin, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove main account

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    • Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    • At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code: net user Guest /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Remove main account

1. Remove main account - Similar Threads - Remove main account

2. How do I remove my main work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my main work account?: Hello, I'd like to remove my work account from my personal computer and switch to using a Microsoft account, but am I unsure of how to do that. I am currently using Windows 11 Education, but I am concerned about what would happen if I no longer have access to my work email...
  3. How do I remove my main work account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove my main work account?: Hello, I'd like to remove my work account from my personal computer and switch to using a Microsoft account, but am I unsure of how to do that. I am currently using Windows 11 Education, but I am concerned about what would happen if I no longer have access to my work email...
  4. Removing main email account from Windows Mail 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing main email account from Windows Mail 10.: I have an Outlook mail that I use prominently on Windows 10. My preference mail delivery software is Microsoft Outlook and I place my main account on it. The issue is that I cannot remove my main email from the Windows mail and now I have two delivery systems that is doubling...
  5. Removing main email account from Windows Mail 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing main email account from Windows Mail 10.: I have an Outlook mail that I use prominently on Windows 10. My preference mail delivery software is Microsoft Outlook and I place my main account on it. The issue is that I cannot remove my main email from the Windows mail and now I have two delivery systems that is doubling...
  6. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  7. How do you remove the main administrator account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you remove the main administrator account?: My parents broke up and my mom kept his pc. he’s not getting it back. I need to find out how to remove his account from the pc. I added my own account and made it an administrator, but i still don’t know how to take his account off. he is not coming back and i can’t contact...
  8. Win 10 - Make my family user account my main account and remove what used to be my main account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 - Make my family user account my main account and remove what used to be my main account: When I initially set up my PC with my Microsoft Account, I also set up a family user my own name to login locally. For some reason or other, I stayed logged into in my family user account and have installed all of my programs and have all of my dated with the family user...
  9. How to remove the main microsoft account on my windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the main microsoft account on my windows account: My brother somehow changed my account so that the main microsoft account was his. [ATTACH]T he email in blue is his and I can't find out how to remove it at all. [ATTACH] The account in red is the one I would like to remove, and the one in blue is my account. For the one...
  10. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...