Windows 10: Remove Media Devices

Discus and support Remove Media Devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our desktop used to be our only PC. Everyone had an account and logged in to use it. We now all have our own notebooks. I removed all the accounts on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 3DPiper, Nov 28, 2015.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Remove Media Devices

Our desktop used to be our only PC. Everyone had an account and logged in to use it.
    We now all have our own notebooks. I removed all the accounts on the PC but the main admin.
    We have upgraded to Windows 10. I notice under windows explorer/network there are still old media devices based on the old accounts I have deleted. How can I delete/remove these media devices?

:)

3DPiper, Nov 28, 2015

2. Regard to remove media devices from networks.

Hello Anas,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to remove the media streaming devices in explorer.

You may try to Open This PC, right click on any left (one at a time), and click on
    Remove device again. Let me confirm that this will only remove them from your
    This PC window. If in case these media devices are still connected to your network, then they will always appear in your Networks folder since they have been detected.

And for your second query that you want to delete a folder from homegroup, please try the step given below.

1. Find the unwanted folder or files on the drive, not the home folder link.

2. Right click on the folder/files.

3. Hover on "with share".

4. Click "Stop Sharing".

If the folder/file is not in your Libraries, the homegroup link should be gone.

Hope this helps

Please feel free to get back to us. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards

Sarandeep S. Microsoft community

Singh Sarandeep, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Regard to remove media devices from networks.

Hello. My name is Anas Ahmed and I have windows 10.What I do I just add two media devices through "NETWORKS", File explorer. I just want to delete or remove them.

Another issue I have is that I have to delete the folder in homegroup.

anasahnmed, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Aristidis Win User

Remove Media Devices

Have you deleted the old user folders form the c:/users (including hidden files)

Aristidis, Nov 30, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Nov 30, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try the batch file used to see if that works.

Question
    Sign in to vote
    Sign in to vote
    Microsoft: There are multiple bugs here, at least to the rest of the world. Please correct them anyway.
    -> If 'net use' reports no drives, neither should Explorer.
    -> A refresh in Explorer should remove the disconnected drives, if 'net use x: /delete' alone doesn't do it -- but it should.
    -> The Explorer context menu 'Disconnect' should remove them also.
    Monday, July 15, 2013 5:20 PM
    Reply | Quote
    chiptech5 Points
    Question
    Sign in to vote
    Sign in to vote
    It seems by trial and error that the system has to be rebooted, logoff/on or Explorer killed in order to get the icon and drive from showing up on the computer list. This seems a bit illogical.
    A small kill explorer batchfile will fix the issue without logoff/on or reboot like:
    @echo off
    net use * /delete /y
    taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
    explorer.exe
    Note: substitute your own net use [x]: /delete command for specific mapped drive letters

bro67, Nov 30, 2015
  7. 3DPiper Win User
    Bingo!
    I had to boot to safe mode so I could delete the folders, but after that and rebooting all extraneous media devices are gone.

Thanks!

3DPiper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove Media Devices

1. Remove Media Devices - Similar Threads - Remove Media Devices

2. windows 2022 IPMI device on the remove hardware and eject media .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 2022 IPMI device on the remove hardware and eject media .: I installed new windows 2022 on Dell PowerEdge server R7515there is a Generic IPMI Compliant Device on the "remove hardware and eject media ."but i have another R7515 server windows 2019.there isn't device on this server .I would like to confirm this is normal?...
  3. windows 2022 IPMI device on the remove hardware and eject media .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 2022 IPMI device on the remove hardware and eject media .: I installed new windows 2022 on Dell PowerEdge server R7515there is a Generic IPMI Compliant Device on the "remove hardware and eject media ."but i have another R7515 server windows 2019.there isn't device on this server .I would like to confirm this is normal?...
  4. Trouble removing media devices on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble removing media devices on my computer: Ever since they removed the home group function on windows 10, I havnt been able to edit my media devices of my computer. I have a couple of shows and movies on my computer but for what ever reason it won't let me remove them. Says my tv is still connected to it even though...
  5. Multi Media devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi Media devices: My Devices are showing up as Multi Media Devices 17 they are all the same BRCM-DMS:2 can i delete the other 16 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-media-devices/497139bb-df66-49e7-8816-f8391493e83f
  6. Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery: Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Media streaming options When you hover over a device you have the option to remove it from the list. I accidentally removed my other PC off this list and would like help undoing my problem. I cannot find...
  7. Digital media device

Digital media device: I have just purchased a pair of KEF LS50W wireless speakers. I have successfully connected them to my home WiFi network, and can use the KEF Stream app to access and play music files on my desktop PC. But what I cannot do is connect to the speakers from my PC. They are...
  8. Remove disk or other media - select proper boot device or insert boot media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove disk or other media - select proper boot device or insert boot media: Hi, I have been running a stationary computer (windows 10 pro) for about one year now. never failed before. Last night I upgraded, a rather large upgrade, duration 1 hour or more. After the upgrade the message on the screen is: - "Remove disks or other media. Press any...
  9. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is "Open Devices And Printer

"Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is "Open Devices And Printer: I just purchased a Seagate external drive as a backup for my computer. Without me doing anything the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon in the lower part of my computer screen now says "Open Devices and Printers" which is where it takes you when you click on...
  10. Remove built in administrator media device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove built in administrator media device: An IT person activiated my built in administrator account to do something and then deactivated it. Now the windows media device for the administrator account shows up on my network (including smart TV) and i cannot remove it. Any ideas on how to remove the built in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete media device in network in windows 10