Windows 10: remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update

Discus and support remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Could someone help me to remove "Some settings managed by your Organization" for Windows Update in Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update? I have attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pushkar, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Pushkar Win User

remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update

Could someone help me to remove "Some settings managed by your Organization" for Windows Update in Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update?

I have attached screenshots.

Also I use Windows 10 Pro with the sole PC I'm using myself and use Ethernet connection.
    Image already addedImage already added

:)

Pushkar, Oct 20, 2017

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Oct 20, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @Pushkar

"Some settings are managed by your Organization" is seen on the relevant settings page when a policy is in place, usually after using gpedit. The message is shown even if the policy is disabled because the registry keys for it still exist, in gpedit you have to set a policy to 'unconfigured' to remove it.

You ticked the Policy box for '...automatically download updates, even on metered connections...' in the Advanced Options, didn't you? This policy also appears in Home...

remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update [​IMG]

That creates a policy, and unticking doesn't remove it, it just set the policy to the default behaviour as if the policy wasn't in place. It's a different sort of policy, it's not a Group Policy so gpedit is unlikely to help. Its a Mobile Device Management policy.

So far, I haven't found where in the registry this policy has been created, but if you have the box unticked then your PC will behave as if you've never ticked the box in the first place. It is safe to ignore this message, it only appears on the updates settings page. Nothing bad will happen and nothing is disabled or greyed-out anywhere in Settings.

5. Pushkar Win User
    Thanks I have not ticked the policy to download updates over metered connections.
    Image already added

Pushkar, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You sure? That's the way everyone else got to see it. *Smile

Anyway, one of those who did has just managed to remove it by upgrading their machine to 1709 (again, it was already upgraded to 1709). It's called an in-place repair install, it leaves all your installed apps and files intact, just reinstalls the same version of windows. Or you could just wait while we try to find out the registry key(s) involved.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

7. clam1952 Win User
    I have the warning due to blocking drivers from Windows update.

clam1952, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Helpfully, Fall Creators now tells you what the policy is that's causing the 'managed' message. Click on the 'view configured update policies' just below the 'manages' message.

9. Pushkar Win User
    Yes I'm sure. It maybe happened after I played around remote desktop settings. Thank you for your help@Bree I will ignore this message.
    Image already added

Pushkar, Oct 20, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Out of interest, which policy does it tell you is in place? Click on the 'View configured update policies' link just below the 'managed...' message to find out.

11. Pushkar Win User
    Please see the attached image.

Image already addedImage already added

Pushkar, Oct 21, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Yep. That's the one you get if you tick that policy box in Update's Advance settings. This is almost certainly a bug, so it may get fixed in a cumulative update somewhere down the line. In the mean time, we've tracked down the registry key now if you want to try....

View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

Note that checking for updates also seems to check if that message should be displayed. It won't disappear until you make the check.

This fix only seems to work if it was ticking the box that triggered the message. There's a similar policy in gpedit. If that caused it then we don't have a fix (yet).

13. Pushkar Win User

Thank you for the solution @
    Bree, the message got removed by following the above steps. I have marked the thread as solved.
    Image already added

Pushkar, Oct 21, 2017
  14. XBrookieX Win User
    Joined to Say big thanks to this Site and Thread, searched through loads of spam sites and lost many hours trying to resolve this Bug.

Deleting the reg key worked, the meter option should come with a Warning do not touch if using Ethernet.
    *Biggrin

XBrookieX, Dec 2, 2017
  15. EdTittel Win User
    For the record, I get the message, too, but my only configured policy is "Exclude drivers from Windows quality updates." I'm assuming that reversing the policy and undoing related registry keys for this item would be another, different fix. Thoughts?

Thanks for clarifying this.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

1. remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update - Similar Threads - remove msg settings

2. windows will not update, "*Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows will not update, "*Some settings are managed by your organization": i'd like to download something from the microsoft store but it will not let me due to updates. updates wont take place, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything; the prompt "*Some settings are managed by your organization" is shown when i'd like to update windows. this has to...
  3. Can't set time; managed by org

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set time; managed by org: I go to settings> time and language> date and time> "setting managed by org" I am the global admin of my org, and I looked and looked all over my admin settings and couldn't find anything. I can change it in control panel, but as soon as I close the lid, lock, sign out,...
  4. several settings "managed by org" problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    several settings "managed by org" problems: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fourwedge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hw6whp/several_settings_managed_by_org_problems/
  5. Looking for removal of "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for removal of "Some settings are managed by your organization": I currently get unwanted windows updates at unwanted times on my personal desktop. When going through my Windows Settings, I see the message "*Some settings are managed by your organization". I currently have retail windows, not volume and have done a Windows reinstall and...
  6. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  7. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  8. Can't update Windows 10 - "Some settings are managed by your org."

Can't update Windows 10 - "Some settings are managed by your org.": Hello guys. Recently I've been having issues updating my Windows 10 machine. Last night I successfully updated to version 1809, but this morning when I checked if there were any new updates available I received the following message: [img] I also have this message...
  9. Remove "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update

Remove "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update: Another thread, in this section remove msg in Windows Update Solved - Windows 10 Forums, is marked solved so I started this one. Win 10 Pro FCO .19 have the message in the title. Others have edited their reg for metered option; as you can see from screen shot I have...
  10. Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization": Changed the group policy in Windows Update from Automatic downloads to notify back to automatic and I get a message with red text on the advanced settings screen of windows update that "Some settings are managed by your organization' how can i remove that red text its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello system is managed by your org msg

2. some settings are managed by your organization how to remove this phrase from update

3. some setting are managed by your organization remove the message