Windows 10: Remove Old OS

Discus and support Remove Old OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was running 7 and wanting a fresh install for 10. I created a new partition and installed 10. Now after a bit I'd like to format the old partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jroyale, Dec 9, 2015.

1. jroyale Win User

Remove Old OS

I was running 7 and wanting a fresh install for 10. I created a new partition and installed 10. Now after a bit I'd like to format the old partition where win 7 is running but I'm afraid the boot manager still resides on there. I've gone into system configuration and into the boot menu in win 10 and see where I can delete win 7 from the boot I'm just not sure if it removes it from the options in the bios or if it sorts out my boot manager issue.

If it makes a difference, win 10 created a 100mb systerm reserve partition but I can't see a boot manager file on their.

Any insight is appreciated.

:)

jroyale, Dec 9, 2015

2. How can I clean install windows 10 (remove old OS personal data totally)

1.How can I clean install windows 10 (remove old OS personal data totally)

• Install windows 10 DVD in a blank HDD

• Launch windows 10 upgrade from windows update and select clean install

• Launch windows 10 DVD in windows 7/8.1 and select clean install

• Upgrade from windows 7/8.1 and delete backup file of OS

2.Customer has upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1. If customer’s HDD failed what’s the best way to work with windows 10 again?

1. Install win 8.1 and upgrade to windows 10 again

2. Install windows 10 from ISO file directly to blank HDD

Panchanan(Bhunia), Dec 9, 2015
  3. How can I clean install windows 10 (remove old OS personal data totally)

Hi Panchanan,

I understand that you want to
    remove old OS personal data totally and want to clean install Windows 10 on the system. I like to inform you that when you perform a clean installation of Windows 10 you'll find a phase where you have an option
    to delete/ format the hard drive.

As your hard drive got corrupted. I would suggest you to download Windows 8.1 from the following link use the product key to activate Windows 8.1. Once Windows 8.1 is activated, then upgrade to Windows 10.

Software Download

To download Windows 10, I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Download Windows 10

Download Windows 10

If you wish to perform a clean installation of Windows 10, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 27, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

How to: Do a clean install of Windows 10

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Dec 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Remove Old OS

Look on the disk management window. Whichever partition is marked as active is the partition that contains the boot files.

Very wise of you to be concerned where the boot files are - many people have not taken that into consideration and have deleted the boot partition.

If the partition you want to delete/reformat is marked as the active partition we can tell you how to move the boot files.

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove Old OS

1. Remove Old OS - Similar Threads - Remove Old

2. Will replacing operating system remove old access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will replacing operating system remove old access?: I purchased an old company laptop and wiped it completely. The company sends mass updates to all their computers and redownloads all the software remotely. Would installing a new system stop the remote access?...
  3. Will replacing operating system remove old access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will replacing operating system remove old access?: I purchased an old company laptop and wiped it completely. The company sends mass updates to all their computers and redownloads all the software remotely. Would installing a new system stop the remote access?...
  4. Will replacing operating system remove old access?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...: Actually, this is my office private network. i have removed old DNS Server and configure new DNS Server with new IP. But as per by IT Sec. compliance report showing my systems hit on old DNS Server on udp port 53. Kindly help How can i will remove old DNS entry for clients. I...
  6. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...: Actually, this is my office private network. i have removed old DNS Server and configure new DNS Server with new IP. But as per by IT Sec. compliance report showing my systems hit on old DNS Server on udp port 53. Kindly help How can i will remove old DNS entry for clients. I...
  7. I have need to remove Old DNS Server entry from my system. Because my system hitting on old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. how do i know that the old security certs were removed when I wiped my windows 10 out and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i know that the old security certs were removed when I wiped my windows 10 out and...: Greetings,I wiped out my Windows 10 PC due to all of my information being hacked; my email, passwords, icloud info, google accounts, outlook, Itunes, my iphone, my android, my tablets...you get the idea, and my question is this:How can I be sure that this person is not STILL...
  9. how do i know that the old security certs were removed when I wiped my windows 10 out and...

how do i know that the old security certs were removed when I wiped my windows 10 out and...: Greetings,I wiped out my Windows 10 PC due to all of my information being hacked; my email, passwords, icloud info, google accounts, outlook, Itunes, my iphone, my android, my tablets...you get the idea, and my question is this:How can I be sure that this person is not STILL...
  10. how do i know that the old security certs were removed when I wiped my windows 10 out and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security