Windows 10: Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Dinesh, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Dinesh Win User

Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

How to: Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

How to Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services.

One important difference between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to the specific device on which it was set up. That PIN is useless to anyone without that specific hardware. Someone who steals your password can sign in to your account from anywhere, but if they steal your PIN, they'd have to steal your physical device too!

Even you can't use that PIN anywhere except on that specific device. If you want to sign in on multiple devices, you have to set up Hello on each device.

For more information about PIN, see: Why a PIN is better than a password (Windows 10)

When you sign in to Windows 10 with PIN, you only need to type your PIN number without pressing Enter.

Luckily for those who no longer want to use a PIN there is an easy and fast workaround to completely remove the PIN. This short tutorial will show you how to do it.

Here's How:

1) Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2) Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, click/tap on Windows Hello PIN on the right side, and click/tap on the Remove button. (see screenshot below)

Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3) Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4) Type in your account's password to verify, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it. Fast & easy Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 :).

Kari

Related Tutorials

:)

Dinesh, Oct 1, 2015

2. UNLOCK WINDOWS 0 PC WITH PIN

Hi,

Microsoft account or Windows login PIN?

Microsoft account does not have a PIN.

For you Windows login PIN, try some of these options:

1. Reset the PIN for your Windows 10 account

2. Remove PIN from your Windows 10 account

3. Add a PIN to your Windows 10 account

4. Change the PIN for your Windows 10 account

keep us updated with the outcome.

Joanna 777, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Removal of my Windows 10 Password

For logging in,password is necessary if you login via an MS account.You can set up a PIN for an easier access.

However,if you are the only user then there is a workaround to log you directly.I will post that if you require.

PIN - Remove from your Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

I am having a similar issue except the PIN only shows up when I open browser to facebook. I don't have PIN show up for anything else. I followed your outline how to remove it but it does not have a Remove PIN phrase next to create PIN. Any other suggestions?

Jambolias21, Mar 29, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  6. Sure here is a screen shot of what comes up everytime I open facebook.

Jambolias21, Mar 29, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
  8. Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

oh ok, thank you. I will check that out.

Jambolias21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

1. Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove PIN Account

2. How to remove pin/password login from account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove pin/password login from account?: I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have unchcecked "users must enter a password" in netplwiz"Require windows hello sign in" is turned off"Require Sign in" set to...
  3. How to remove pin/password login from account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pin/password login from account?: I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have unchcecked "users must enter a password" in netplwiz"Require windows hello sign in" is turned off"Require Sign in" set to...
  4. How to remove pin/password login from account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove Hello PIN from Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Hello PIN from Windows 10.: I want to remove the Hello PIN, because I live alone and have to put that PIN every time really annoys me! Movido de: [PT-BR] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-hello-pin-from-windows-10/ba0f6e09-91aa-47f4-8ef5-10670b51c212
  6. How to remove microsoft account from your laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove microsoft account from your laptop?: Well I have recently bought this laptop and set it up. Unfortunately there was a defect due to which I had to give it back for checking, however they can't fix it and offering a replacement. Problem is I bought that laptop for the office work and set it up with my official...
  7. Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10: How to: Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10 How to Add a PIN to your Account in Windows 10 Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and...
  8. Change PIN for your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change PIN for your Account in Windows 10: How to: Change PIN for your Account in Windows 10 How to Change the PIN for your Account in Windows 10 Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps,...
  9. Reset PIN for your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset PIN for your Account in Windows 10: How to: Reset PIN for your Account in Windows 10 How to Reset the PIN for your Account in Windows 10 Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and...
  10. Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removiunf pin login

2. pemove the PIN from Windows phone