Windows 10: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are.

If you added a Remote Desktop connection in the Remote Desktop app, it can easily be deleted if wanted.

This tutorial will show you how to remove a Remote Desktop connection in the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. (see screenshot below)

Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Click/tap on the overflow menu (...) button next to the name (ex: "My Laptop") of the Remote Desktop connection you want to delete, and click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot below)

Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. When finished, you can close the Remote Desktop app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 25, 2017

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
  5. puma99dk| Win User
    Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Remote DeskTop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while connecting to remote desktop connection from Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 PC.

I would suggest you to refer the article
    Connect to another computer using Remote Desktop Connection
    and

How to use Remote Desktop
    and see if that helps.

Since the issue is related to Remote Desktop Connection, I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on using Remote Desktop Connection to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

1. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Remote Desktop

2. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  3. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  4. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  7. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...
  10. Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC How to Add a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...