Windows 10: Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu? 89284 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asdf123, Jul 18, 2017.

1. asdf123 Win User

Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu

Has anyone been able to remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu?

:)

asdf123, Jul 18, 2017

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Jul 18, 2017
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Jul 18, 2017
  4. iBlob Win User

Hi,

Have you tried manually removing it?

Steps:

Click Start followed by Settings

Under Settings choose Personalisation

Under Personalisation, select Start from the Menu on the left hand side

At the bottom should be a blue link saying "Choose Which Folders Appear on Start" > Select this (see below)

Under this menu you should see that Settings is enabled by default, simple disable it

Let me know how you get on

Thanks *Smile

Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]

iBlob, Jul 18, 2017
  5. asdf123 Win User
    Yes, but it removes it only from the "sidebar" in Start Menu, not the Application list.

asdf123, Jul 18, 2017
  6. iBlob Win User
    Have you tried using gpedit.msc and configuring it that way?

Under User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar

Here you should be able to configure the settings app and disable it from showing on the pane as well as the application list

Thanks

*Smile

iBlob, Jul 19, 2017
  7. shimshom Win User
    Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and you should find it there then delete it but save a copy of the shortcut in case you want it back

shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Remove Settings Start

2. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  3. Removing spam from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  4. Removing spam from Start Menu

Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  5. Remove folder from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  6. Remove folder from start menu

Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  7. Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu: This is a new computer with zero photos in the album(s). I took a photo to use for trying on virtual eyeglasses at my computer, deleted the photo, and now the thumbnail still exists within the Windows Start Menu. How can I remove it? Thanks! I ended up downloading a random...
  8. Remove Windows App from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Windows App from Start Menu: Hi, I would like to remove a Windows UWP app (an app installed from the Microsoft Store) from the Start Menu. How can I make It? submitted by /u/Imart_Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnk2v8/remove_windows_app_from_start_menu/
  9. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  10. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....