Windows 10: Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake.

Discus and support Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem that I cannot seem to overcome. I have a Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) tablet device that I need to get rid of the sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fugazi666, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Fugazi666 Win User

Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake.

Hi,

I have a problem that I cannot seem to overcome. I have a Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) tablet device that I need to get rid of the sign in screen after the screen comes out of sleep. I have checked all the threads here that I think relate to the problem to no avail, but if I have missed any please accept my apology for duplicating.

The device has a local account set up with no password.

This is what I have tried so far;

1. I only want the screen itself to "go off" so I have disabled Connected Standby via the registry entry - HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled ( 1 to 0 )
    2. I have set the account sign in option to 'Never'
    3. I have changed the Power Plan setting 'Require a password on wakeup'
    4. I have tried the command line method to turn off the Require Sign-in on Wakeup option using;
    powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0
    powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0
    5. I have disabled the Require Sign-in on Wakeup for All Users in Local Group Policy Editor
    6. I have changed the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Power\PowerSettings\0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51 to 0 (disabled)
    7. I have renamed the Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy folder in SystemApps

Despite all of the above I still have the "Sign In" screen after waking the screen. Which needs to be gone as the user of this device uses a specialized method to access the system (called eyegaze) with specialized software and cannot 'click' on the 'Sign In' button.

Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake. [​IMG]

NB: I've blacked out the User name.

Is there any method that I have missed that would remove this log in requirement after a screen wake .. or can the screen on event be tracked?

Hope someone can help

Fug.

:)

Fugazi666, Mar 9, 2017
  2. TG_TR Win User

Windows 10- 1709(16299.125)---Sign in screen not appearing

I do not get the sign in screen after waking the PC up from sleep mode. The only way I can get sign-in screen is to restart.

TG_TR, Mar 9, 2017
  3. How do I completely disable the Sign In screen?

When I wake my computer from sleep, I get the splash screen with interesting pictures. From there, I am dropped onto the Sign In screen where I have only one option -- my own profile. I have tried "netplwiz" and followed other guides on these forums and
    at tomshardware, but I can't get the Sign In screen to stop appearing every time I wake my computer. My profile does not have a password, and is the only user profile on the computer other than "HomeGroupUser$" which does not appear as a sign in option. How
    can I remove/bypass the Sign In page when waking the computer from sleep?

BrendonTaylor, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

There's a tutorial for almost everything here on TenForums...

Require Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Bree, Mar 9, 2017
  5. Fugazi666 Win User
    Thank you for the response,
    I have gone through that process, actually using that tutorial you have recommened and the sign in screen still remains.

Fugazi666, Mar 9, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Mar 9, 2017
  7. Fugazi666 Win User
    Fugazi666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake. - Similar Threads - Remove Sign Screen

2. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  3. Blue screen on wake after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on wake after sleep: Hello everyone,I have been getting BSOD for a while now when trying to wake the PC after sleep. I went through the thread "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-when-waking-from-sleep-bsod/b70323ce-2f92-43d8-8ff8-510c41de1120" and I moved...
  4. Blue screen on wake after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen on wake after sleep: Hello everyone,I have been getting BSOD for a while now when trying to wake the PC after sleep. I went through the thread "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-when-waking-from-sleep-bsod/b70323ce-2f92-43d8-8ff8-510c41de1120" and I moved...
  5. always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen: always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen windows 10. it was happened next day after update kb5004945. even I reinstalled windows 10, it is stall same problem. I set every power plan to "never" never stop....
  6. always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen: always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen windows 10. it was happened next day after update kb5004945. even I reinstalled windows 10, it is stall same problem. I set every power plan to "never" never stop....
  7. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Happy Thanksgiving! Win10 Home x64 1903 all updates! Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of...
  8. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Win10homex64 Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of apps. Reimaged drive, when through this...
  9. Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen: I tried the following. It worked but only for when I restart or shutdown my computer. But if I hibernate my computer, upon resuming, I get the sign in screen again. So, how can I disable or remove the welcome/sign in screen completely? How to Skip the Windows 10 Login...
  10. No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by): Hi, thank you for your kind support/suggestions. Before writing here I searched almost everywhere, I was able to sucessfully avoid the sign in screen at startup, but not after wakeup (st-by or hibernation). DO you have other suggestions? What I have: Win10 1703 15063.608...