Windows 10: Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

Discus and support Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Davy49, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Davy49 Win User

Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

Hi,
    I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that the developer's of windows 10 would have provided a method to disable/delete the spotlight circle that's displayed on the welcome screen. I don't use/need the lock screen, so I already have it disabled. At least for me..I'd rather just see image that's displayed on the welcome screen without the circle. Thanks for any help provided.
    David *Huh

:)

Davy49, Jun 12, 2018

2. Windows Spotlight

Thank you for providing us more information. In this case, we suggest that you perform the following steps to reset Windows Spotlight:

• Delete the folder Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Open the Start menu, and search for PowerShell.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell prompt, then press
      Enter
      :
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Windows Spotlight- pressed "like" instead of "dont like"

Hi Villar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

• Do you wants to change the lock screen picture?
    • Are you making these changes in the Microsoft account?

I suggest you install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You can turn off the Windows Spotlight feature and then turning it back on and check

Step 1: Right-click on the desktop and then click Personalize to open Personalization category of Settings.

Step 2: Click Lock screen

Step 3: Under Background section, select Picture or slideshow option from the drop-down box.

Step 4: Press windows key + Lock.

Step 5: login back again and follow the same steps from 1 to 3 and change back to Windows spotlight and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

1. Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen - Similar Threads - Remove Spotlight Circle

2. Help to remove the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help to remove the welcome screen: Help to remove the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-the-welcome-screen/f9361975-85e3-4394-b1c7-1606d50e4a0b
  3. Help to remove the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help to remove the welcome screen: Help to remove the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-the-welcome-screen/f9361975-85e3-4394-b1c7-1606d50e4a0b
  4. Help to remove the welcome screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Personal photo in a circle on welcome page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal photo in a circle on welcome page: hello all - a year or so ago I inserted a picture onto the welcome screen and above the password cell insert the pc password - it's in a small circle. I want to do the same on another pc but do you think I can remember how I did it?! You understand, this is not about the full...
  6. Personal photo in a circle on welcome page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal photo in a circle on welcome page: hello all - a year or so ago I inserted a picture onto the welcome screen and above the password cell insert the pc password - it's in a small circle. I want to do the same on another pc but do you think I can remember how I did it?! Can someone please tell me how I did it !...
  7. Remove "Welcome" screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove "Welcome" screen?: So I have this problem after a fresh install where instead of booting directly to the desktop like my other computer used to do, now when I press the power button it displays this screen where it says "Welcome" and then boots onto the desktop. Is there anyway to remove this?...
  8. Remove welcome screen from autologon

Remove welcome screen from autologon: Hi! I need remove or skip welcome screen. I set up autologon, but i still see welcome screen. i want see my Desktop After windows boot. Is this possible?...
  9. How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen: Hi, I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that the developer's of windows 10 would have provided a method to disable/delete the spotlight circle that's displayed on the...
  10. Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen

Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen: I tried the following. It worked but only for when I restart or shutdown my computer. But if I hibernate my computer, upon resuming, I get the sign in screen again. So, how can I disable or remove the welcome/sign in screen completely? How to Skip the Windows 10 Login...