Windows 10: Remove Start Menu "New" messages?

Discus and support Remove Start Menu "New" messages? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from showing the message "New" next to every single thing I install and keeping it there until I finally cave in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrLilo, Aug 2, 2015.

1. DrLilo Win User

Remove Start Menu "New" messages?

Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from showing the message "New" next to every single thing I install and keeping it there until I finally cave in and open it? This utterly pointless niggle is triggering my OCD like crazy!

:)

DrLilo, Aug 2, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 2, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 2, 2015
  4. DrLilo Win User

No one? This is really getting on my nerves... To clarify, I'm not talking about the bright highlight which can be disabled in Settings, but just the word "New" which is equally annoying, but for some reason can not be turned off in the same way...

DrLilo, Aug 3, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    I imagine there must be a registry hack but beside that, no.

They don't disappear after a period of time either, I set the date a few years ahead and they're still there.

You'll have to give in to your OCD and click them all.

6. DrLilo Win User
    I'm happy to use regedit if someone can tell me what to change...

DrLilo, Aug 3, 2015
  7. The way I got rid of them was go through the all apps page and right click on each one, it doesn't open them just removes the 'new' so a bit quicker than opening them

paulsalter, Aug 3, 2015
  8. DrLilo Win User

Yeah... That works but... Y'know there's just gonna be more down the line. It's silly, it turns the start menu into another email inbox or facebook notification type thing, just another bit of life clutter to try and keep from getting out of control. :/

DrLilo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Start Menu "New" messages? - Similar Threads - Remove Start Menu

2. Why was the start menu removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was the start menu removed?: I use it for everything and I haven't installed Win11 yet but this change makes me not want to update to win 11 at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-removed/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  3. Why was the start menu removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was the start menu removed?: I use it for everything and I haven't installed Win11 yet but this change makes me not want to update to win 11 at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-removed/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  4. How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu: Hello, I have a question regarding a recent Windows 10 update, which introduced theme aware tiles in the Start Menu, making the tiles themselves transparent. The Start Menu is already transparent, and because of the desktop background I have, having transparent tiles...
  5. New Menu appears on Start Menu

New Menu appears on Start Menu: I have a problem on my computer. When I am opening the Start Menu to turn my computer off I have to click on the symbol for shutting down and then on "turn off". But if I am too slow with my mouse or clicking on the right part of the symbol a new useless menu opens up where...
  6. NEW START MENU

NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/ba712f39-e8fe-4d3b-be7a-23d2c282f6d9
  7. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/804392cb-25db-4e9f-a587-c44ae4d45317
  8. Removing Start Menu shortcuts

Removing Start Menu shortcuts: Is there a way to remove Built-In application shortcuts from the Start Menu? I don't mean uninstall the application, but just remove its shortcut; shortcuts (examples in red) as seen in the attached picture. 149158
  9. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove start menu new status