Windows 10: Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu

Discus and support Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In TH2 it was possible to remove that button with a reg entry which stopped working in RS1 but it's possible to do by modifying a file and below is how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shimshom, Sep 22, 2016.

1. shimshom Win User

Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu

In TH2 it was possible to remove that button with a reg entry which stopped working in RS1 but it's possible to do by modifying a file and below is how it can be done and can also remove "Show Windows Ink Workspace" and "Show touch keyboard button". Make sure to take a system image or create a restore point before proceeding

Copy explorer.exe.mui from C:\Windows\en-US
    Open with ResHacker and expand the Menu tree. In item # 205 remove
    MENUITEM "Show Task &View button", 430, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
    MENUITEM "Show Windows Ink &Workspace button", 437, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
    MENUITEM "Show touch ke&yboard button", 436, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
    Then recompile the file
    Move to item # 206 and remove
    MENUITEM "Show Windows Ink &Workspace button", 437, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
    MENUITEM "Show &touch keyboard button", 436, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED
    and recompile again then save the file somewhere safe
    Go back to C:\Windows\en-US\explorer.exe.mui take ownership of explorer.exe.mui and rename it to explorer.exe.mui.old paste the modded file and restart the computer. So far no adverse effects at all

Also realized one can remove other unused entries such as Search if you happen to use some other software for that function but choose your own path

Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu [​IMG]

:)

shimshom, Sep 22, 2016

2. Taskbar problem in Windows 10

It has been a few months that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Home Version 1511 ,everything was working fine.But from yesterday onwards the taskbar is not working correctly,

First off all when was I clicking the start button the menu does not
    pop up but right clicking shows the context menus.

Same thing happens when I click on Cortana,Battery,Action Center, Network & Volume.

The apps pined to the taskbar launches normally and only taskview button works correctly.

Although I restarted the computer a few times and even Restarted the Explorer.exe few times but nothing solves the issue and there are no error codes shown in screen.

Arunav Roy, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Dodgyone Win User
    Windows 10 not responding after auto update - managed to get CMD, what now?

Hi

firstly sorry for all the steps here but I thought they might help someone question is at bottom.

My laptop did the most recent auto update last night its left me unable to click on anything except taskview, wiped my taskbar (I think that what it's called -along bottom) managed to shut it down with ctrl + alt + del twice.

So I used taskview to add a second desktop, this made it possible to right click on stuff in desktop 1 but still not open anything. Right clicked on taskbar, got task manager open (left click works in menus). Used file menu and ran new task. Typed CMD

and here I am sitting thinking is there a command that will rollback the update or fix my desktop issues?

Dodgyone, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu

1. Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu - Similar Threads - Remove Taskview button

2. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click Menu and more not working: A few days ago, perhaps following an Update, the Right Click Menu stopped working as well as the Double Tap on my Synaptics built in Glide Pad.I have tried to update the driver using the Device Manager Built In driver utility as well as going to Synaptics website and looking...
  3. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click Menu and more not working: A few days ago, perhaps following an Update, the Right Click Menu stopped working as well as the Double Tap on my Synaptics built in Glide Pad.I have tried to update the driver using the Device Manager Built In driver utility as well as going to Synaptics website and looking...
  4. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Right Click menu for taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click menu for taskbar broken: Hello dear All, After updating windows to 1909 from 1803 my right menu is brocken When I try to click the actions in the right click menu I always have this message for every program: [ATTACH] The same behavior in the start menu Many thanks, Iacob...
  6. Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu: I have a shortcut to an .exe that for some reason pin to taskbar is missing, pin to start is there, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Windows 10 build 18362.836 [img] 157164
  7. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  8. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  9. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  10. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu: Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item. Is there a way to remove it...